Quantcast

[Gmod-phendiver] Nat Div ER Diagram on the wiki

[Gmod-phendiver] Nat Div ER Diagram on the wiki

Scott Cain
Hi Rob, Naama, and anybody else who'd like to comment,

On the NatDiv wiki page there is a very pretty ERD, but the text
indicates that it is out of date.  Would you like to comment on how
it's out of date?  I'm working on making sure the docs are current as
of the 1.23 release (which, since the schema hasn't change since the
1.2 release, is since September, 2011).

  http://gmod.org/wiki/Chado_Natural_Diversity_Module#ER_Diagram

Re: [Gmod-phendiver] Nat Div ER Diagram on the wiki

seth redmond-2
Think it's my fault, that. I did the original digram, but I left my position at VectorBase in Oct 2011 so I stopped working with GMOD on a day-to-day basis. Assuming I have the files on my current laptop I can put together another ER before next week - or do you have a shorter deadline you're working to?

-s

On 29 Jan 2013, at 20:40, Scott Cain wrote:

> Hi Rob, Naama, and anybody else who'd like to comment,
>
> On the NatDiv wiki page there is a very pretty ERD, but the text
> indicates that it is out of date.  Would you like to comment on how
> it's out of date?  I'm working on making sure the docs are current as
> of the 1.23 release (which, since the schema hasn't change since the
> 1.2 release, is since September, 2011).
>
>  http://gmod.org/wiki/Chado_Natural_Diversity_Module#ER_Diagram
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net
> GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: [Gmod-phendiver] Nat Div ER Diagram on the wiki

Naama Menda-2
Is it outdated? What is missing from it?

Naama

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013, seth redmond wrote:
Think it's my fault, that. I did the original digram, but I left my position at VectorBase in Oct 2011 so I stopped working with GMOD on a day-to-day basis. Assuming I have the files on my current laptop I can put together another ER before next week - or do you have a shorter deadline you're working to?

-s

On 29 Jan 2013, at 20:40, Scott Cain wrote:

> Hi Rob, Naama, and anybody else who'd like to comment,
>
> On the NatDiv wiki page there is a very pretty ERD, but the text
> indicates that it is out of date.  Would you like to comment on how
> it's out of date?  I'm working on making sure the docs are current as
> of the 1.23 release (which, since the schema hasn't change since the
> 1.2 release, is since September, 2011).
>
>  http://gmod.org/wiki/Chado_Natural_Diversity_Module#ER_Diagram
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net
> GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: [Gmod-phendiver] Nat Div ER Diagram on the wiki

Scott Cain
Yes, that's what I was wondering--I didn't go at it with a fine
toothed comb, but it looked mostly right to me.  Seth, as for the
deadline, next week would be fine--it turns out, I have a lot of doc
clean up on my plate, so I won't get it all done this week anyway.

Scott

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Naama Menda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it outdated? What is missing from it?
>
> Naama
>

> On Wednesday, January 30, 2013, seth redmond wrote:
>>
>> Think it's my fault, that. I did the original digram, but I left my
>> position at VectorBase in Oct 2011 so I stopped working with GMOD on a
>> day-to-day basis. Assuming I have the files on my current laptop I can put
>> together another ER before next week - or do you have a shorter deadline
>> you're working to?
>>
>> -s
>>

>> On 29 Jan 2013, at 20:40, Scott Cain wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Rob, Naama, and anybody else who'd like to comment,
>> >
>> > On the NatDiv wiki page there is a very pretty ERD, but the text
>> > indicates that it is out of date.  Would you like to comment on how
>> > it's out of date?  I'm working on making sure the docs are current as
>> > of the 1.23 release (which, since the schema hasn't change since the
>> > 1.2 release, is since September, 2011).
>> >
>> >  http://gmod.org/wiki/Chado_Natural_Diversity_Module#ER_Diagram
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Scott
>> >

>> > --
>> > Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain
>> > dot net
>> > GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
>> > Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: [Gmod-phendiver] Nat Div ER Diagram on the wiki

Bob MacCallum
Just from eyeballing I can't see anything out of date but I could be wrong.

The changes we did make later on are on the periphery and not shown in this diagram, e.g. genotype.type_id and new table genotypeprop IIRC