[Gmod-schema] Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

[Gmod-schema] Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

Since the last GMOD meeting in January, I had been hoping to have a
GMOD meeting around the ISMB and BOSC meetings in Boston this July.
Until this week, though, I had had a difficult time finding a place
where a meeting could be held for a reasonable price.  However, a kind
soul at The Broad has offered a meeting space that would easily
accommodate a GMOD meeting for two days before BOSC (either July 6-7
or July 7-8).  The only question I have is this: can people make it to
a GMOD meeting with about 2 months notice?  Please let me know your
thoughts on this.  While there would probably be a registration fee,
it would be fairly low (I'm guessing in the ballpark of $50).

Re: [GMOD-devel] Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

Hilmar Lapp-3
Hi Scott:

On May 17, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Scott Cain wrote:

> The Broad has offered a meeting space that would easily
> accommodate a GMOD meeting for two days before BOSC (either July 6-7
> or July 7-8).

I don't know where the planning on this has gone yet, but just FYI,
there is already a Bio* hackathon planned for July 7-8. I don't really
know what the degree of overlap in people would be between the two -
possibly quite few, so this is mostly FYI.

        -hilmar
: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at drycafe dot net :

Re: Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

Hi All,

If you think you might make it to a GMOD meeting before BOSC in Boston
this July, and haven't yet let me know, please do so TODAY.  I have to
make a decision very soon!

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Scott Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since the last GMOD meeting in January, I had been hoping to have a
> GMOD meeting around the ISMB and BOSC meetings in Boston this July.
> Until this week, though, I had had a difficult time finding a place
> where a meeting could be held for a reasonable price.  However, a kind
> soul at The Broad has offered a meeting space that would easily
> accommodate a GMOD meeting for two days before BOSC (either July 6-7
> or July 7-8).  The only question I have is this: can people make it to
> a GMOD meeting with about 2 months notice?  Please let me know your
> thoughts on this.  While there would probably be a registration fee,
> it would be fairly low (I'm guessing in the ballpark of $50).
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net
> GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

Hello all,

Due to the short notice, I've decided not to have a GMOD meeting
before BOSC/ISMB in July.  I am hoping to plan an informal "GMOD
lunch" sometime during BOSC or ISMB for people who are going to the
meetings and would like to get together to chat.

I'm looking at options for the next GMOD meeting.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Scott Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since the last GMOD meeting in January, I had been hoping to have a
> GMOD meeting around the ISMB and BOSC meetings in Boston this July.
> Until this week, though, I had had a difficult time finding a place
> where a meeting could be held for a reasonable price.  However, a kind
> soul at The Broad has offered a meeting space that would easily
> accommodate a GMOD meeting for two days before BOSC (either July 6-7
> or July 7-8).  The only question I have is this: can people make it to
> a GMOD meeting with about 2 months notice?  Please let me know your
> thoughts on this.  While there would probably be a registration fee,
> it would be fairly low (I'm guessing in the ballpark of $50).
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net
> GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: [GMOD-devel] Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

Hilmar Lapp-3
Scott - what about some GMOD-centered subgroup at the Bio* hackathon
during the 2 days preceding BOSC?

        -hilmar

On May 25, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Scott Cain wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Due to the short notice, I've decided not to have a GMOD meeting
> before BOSC/ISMB in July.  I am hoping to plan an informal "GMOD
> lunch" sometime during BOSC or ISMB for people who are going to the
> meetings and would like to get together to chat.
>
> I'm looking at options for the next GMOD meeting.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Scott Cain <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Since the last GMOD meeting in January, I had been hoping to have a
>> GMOD meeting around the ISMB and BOSC meetings in Boston this July.
>> Until this week, though, I had had a difficult time finding a place
>> where a meeting could be held for a reasonable price.  However, a
>> kind
>> soul at The Broad has offered a meeting space that would easily
>> accommodate a GMOD meeting for two days before BOSC (either July 6-7
>> or July 7-8).  The only question I have is this: can people make it
>> a GMOD meeting with about 2 months notice?  Please let me know your
>> thoughts on this.  While there would probably be a registration fee,
>> it would be fairly low (I'm guessing in the ballpark of $50).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Scott
>>

>> --
>> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at
>> scottcain dot net
>> GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at
> scottcain dot net
> GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at drycafe dot net :

Re: [GMOD-devel] Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

Scott Cain
Hi Hilmar,

That's not a bad idea; I was planning on being there anyway.  I was
thinking that perhaps I could help make some headway on GFF stuff in
BioPerl.

Is anyone else interested in hacking GMOD things before BOSC?

Scott