[Gmod-tripal-devel] Delete organism page without deleting from chado database

[Gmod-tripal-devel] Delete organism page without deleting from chado database

Mara Kim-2
Hello,

Is there a way to delete organism pages via the API without deleting
them from the database?  As in, leave them so that they could be
synced later, but to delete the pages.  I am wanting to delete a large
number of organisms, so I would rather not have to repeatedly click
'delete' in Administration->Tripal->Chado->Organisms

--
Mara Kim

Ph.D. Candidate
Computational Biology
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-tripal] Delete organism page without deleting from chado database

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Mara,

There isn't really a mechanism to "unsync" anything.  Perhaps that
should be something we need to consider adding.  But you can do it....
If you do not have a lot of organisms you do need pages for then the
simplest way is to empty out the 'chado_organism' table in the public
schema.  Then go to Tripal -> Chado Modules -> Organisms -> Sync and
click the button 'Clean up Orphaned organisms'.  This will then remove
the Drupal pages for all organisms but will not delete the organism from
Chado.  You can then re-sync the organisms you do want pages for.

Also, if you delete a page using the 'delete' link on the administrative
page, or when editing the page, it will delete the record from Chado and
Drupal.  Which may not be what you want to do if you want to leave the
data for later syncing.

Stephen

On 5/1/2014 5:58 PM, Mara Kim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to delete organism pages via the API without deleting
> them from the database?  As in, leave them so that they could be
> synced later, but to delete the pages.  I am wanting to delete a large
> number of organisms, so I would rather not have to repeatedly click
> 'delete' in Administration->Tripal->Chado->Organisms

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-tripal] Delete organism page without deleting from chado database

Mara Kim-2
Hi Stephen,

Will this also work for the 'chado_feature' and 'chado_analysis' tables?

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mara,
>
> There isn't really a mechanism to "unsync" anything.  Perhaps that should be
> something we need to consider adding.  But you can do it.... If you do not
> have a lot of organisms you do need pages for then the simplest way is to
> empty out the 'chado_organism' table in the public schema.  Then go to
> Tripal -> Chado Modules -> Organisms -> Sync and click the button 'Clean up
> Orphaned organisms'.  This will then remove the Drupal pages for all
> organisms but will not delete the organism from Chado.  You can then re-sync
> the organisms you do want pages for.
>
> Also, if you delete a page using the 'delete' link on the administrative
> page, or when editing the page, it will delete the record from Chado and
> Drupal.  Which may not be what you want to do if you want to leave the data
> for later syncing.
>
> Stephen
>

> On 5/1/2014 5:58 PM, Mara Kim wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way to delete organism pages via the API without deleting
>> them from the database?  As in, leave them so that they could be
>> synced later, but to delete the pages.  I am wanting to delete a large
>> number of organisms, so I would rather not have to repeatedly click
>> 'delete' in Administration->Tripal->Chado->Organisms

--
Mara Kim

Ph.D. Candidate
Computational Biology
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-tripal] Delete organism page without deleting from chado database

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Mara,

Yes, the same procedure will work for both the chado_feature and
chado_analysis tables (or any of the chado_xxxx tables).

Stephen