[Gmod-tripal-devel] Disable Drupal Search?

[Gmod-tripal-devel] Disable Drupal Search?

Mara Kim-2
Hello,

We are currently unsatisfied with the performance of the Drupal Search Module and are considering moving to Apache Solr.  Unfortunately, it appears that several Tripal Modules depend on the Search module.  Is there a way around this dependency, or is it essential to Tripal?

--
Mara Kim

Ph.D. Candidate
Computational Biology
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Disable Drupal Search?

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Mara,

Tripal v1 did support use of the Drupal search module, but it is not a requirement and is not essential so you should be fine to dump it.   We actually did not take the time to support Drupal search in Tripal v2 because of the slowness of indexing the site for it.   But we will probably work it back in eventually.  So, if you are using Tripal 2 there is no problem to dump the Drupal Search     Valenin Guignon provided a very helpful tutorial for getting Solr integrated into Tripal 2/Drupal 7.    The details for it are here:  https://www.drupal.org/node/2214775

Hopefully that will help you get something up and running.

Stephen

On 4/3/2015 2:52 PM, Mara Kim wrote:
Hello,

We are currently unsatisfied with the performance of the Drupal Search Module and are considering moving to Apache Solr.  Unfortunately, it appears that several Tripal Modules depend on the Search module.  Is there a way around this dependency, or is it essential to Tripal?

--
Mara Kim

Ph.D. Candidate
Computational Biology
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN

[Gmod-tripal-devel] Any (nice) way to update URLs in Drupal's url_alias table?

Cannon, Ethalinda K [COM S]

​Over the course of learning Drupal/Tripal and making multiple decisions about how URLs should look, we have a great variety of URL formats for various data types that we need to standardize. As the data records have already been sync-ed, I don't see how to update Drupal's url_alias table when we change the alias for a data type (e.g. features, organisms, featuremaps) short of changing the records by hand via SQL. Is/could there be a way to re-sync data objects to update the URL aliases?

I suspect this has already been discussed, but can't find such a discussion.

Ethy

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Any (nice) way to update URLs in Drupal's url_alias table?

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Ethy,

Yes it's possible to reset those URL's fairly easy.  I'm assuming you're using the 'Settings' tab on the admin pages to rest the URLs?  For example Tripal -> Chado Modules -> Organisms -> Settings.  In the 'Set Page URLs' section you have the ability to change the URLs (which it sounds like you've done already).  There is a button that says 'Set URLs'.  If you click that button it will submit a job to the job queue which when executed will rename all of the pages of that type.

Perhaps we should rename that button to make it more clear.

Stephen

On 15-04-10 12:04 PM, Cannon, Ethalinda K [E CPE] wrote:

​Over the course of learning Drupal/Tripal and making multiple decisions about how URLs should look, we have a great variety of URL formats for various data types that we need to standardize. As the data records have already been sync-ed, I don't see how to update Drupal's url_alias table when we change the alias for a data type (e.g. features, organisms, featuremaps) short of changing the records by hand via SQL. Is/could there be a way to re-sync data objects to update the URL aliases?

I suspect this has already been discussed, but can't find such a discussion.

Ethy

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Any (nice) way to update URLs in Drupal's url_alias table?

Cannon, Ethalinda K [COM S]

Ugh. My eyes always go to that last 'Save' button at the bottom and I never noticed the 'Set URLs' button. Not sure what you can do to make it more obvious to people like me.

I need to do this for a subset of the feature records, but resetting the URL for all of our many, many features takes a very long time then runs out of memory. Any suggestions?

A re-synching feature might be handy, particularly since sync is already set up with methods for limiting the number of records processed.

Ethy

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Any (nice) way to update URLs in Drupal's url_alias table?

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Ethy,

I have added an feature request in our issue tracker for this:  https://www.drupal.org/node/2470789.   I will try and see if I can fix the memory leak for you sometime this week.

Stephen