[Gmod-tripal-devel] Missing templates after core update (again)

[Gmod-tripal-devel] Missing templates after core update (again)

Michael Dondrup-3
Hi,

we are again facing the "missing template problem". I don't really know why we are attracting it.
After an upgrade to drupal core 6.29, I get missing template warnings on all tripal pages and they look odd, e.g:

        • warning: include(./sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_analysis/tripal_feature_analyses.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/licebase/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1079.
        • warning: include(): Failed opening './sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_analysis/tripal_feature_analyses.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/licebase/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1079.

The update was done using drush pm-update, however I am facing the same problem with another instance where the update was done by manually extracting from the tar-ball.

What we have tried:
- Cache was cleared many times via drush cc all and admin menue
- web server restarted
- ran git fetch in sites/all/modules/tripal and sites/all/themes/tripal_theme
- drush cc all
- drush pm-disable tripal_core
- drush pm-enable <all tripal modules>
- checked for the existence of the files: no template files are found under modules, but all exist somewhere under tripal_theme
  there are no changes there, comparing file system before (backup) and after update

Did anybody have similar problems?

Thank you
Michael

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Missing templates after core update (again)

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Michael,

I just tested upgrading to 6.29 using 'drush pm-update' and had no problems.  So, something is a bit different with your setup.  I'm CC'ing the tripal mailing list as well in case others have this problem.

Can you share some additional details? What OS and PHP version are you using?   This is a long shot (as it worked previously) but are the permissions on files in the tripal_theme directory correct for the web user?  Did you customize any of the templates and move them into your default theme?  What is your default theme?  If it is one of the themes provided by the core could it be that the .info file was overwritten and the 'base theme =tripal' was lost during the upgrade?

Stephen

On 11/26/2013 7:02 AM, Michael Dondrup wrote:
[...]

Hi Stephen,

yes! The reason was the missing 'base theme = tripal' entry in drupal/themes/garland.info, I had forgotten about.
Our default theme is Garland at the moment.
It seems like both update procedures (drush pm-update and copy from tar.gz) overwrite the core themes
(every path except drupal/sites/ are deleted and replaced according to update instructions https://drupal.org/taxonomy/term/34882 ).
So we need to improve our procedures for installing core updates and remind ourselves about necessary patches to apply post
upgrade next time.

PHP version 5.3 (should not matter in this case)

Thank you very much

Michael