[Gmod-tripal-devel] Organism view

Jacob Zieve
Hi all,

I apologize in advance as I'm new to Tripal and Drupal in general. But does anyone have an idea why my resources tab appears on the bottom of this page rather than the side as shown in the tutorial?
https://dendrome.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/2

Jacob J. Zieve :: LinkedIn
Database Administrator :: TreeGenes (NealeLab)
Co-founder :: Liveabetes
262 Robbins Hall :: Davis, CA 95616

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Organism view

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Jacob,

For that particular theme (sky theme) you need to set your width a bit wider.   For the sky theme you go to  Administer -> Site Building -> Themes page. Click the Configure tab near the top and then Sky.  Look for the 'Custom Layout Width' section and change that to 1200px or set to 100%.  That should give it enough space that it doesn't put the resources sidebar on the bottom.

All themes are different and that one has such a wide left sidebar that it squeezes things out of the way.  If you don't want to make your site pages that wide, you can manually change the width of the Tripal content section by overriding the 'tripal_details' class to have a smaller width.   The best place to do that would be the style.css file in the sky theme directory.  Just add something like the following to the bottom of the sites/all/themes/sky/style.css file:

.tripal_details {
    width: 50%;
}

The original CSS definitions for the 'tripal_details' class is in the sites/all/themes/tripal_theme/css/tripal.css file, but you do not want to edit the files in the tripal theme so that you can easily update the Tripal theme without wiping out any customizations you've made.

Hope that helps,
Stephen