[Gmod-tripal-devel] Problems during test of tripal 1.0

[Gmod-tripal-devel] Problems during test of tripal 1.0

Michael Dondrup
Hi,

we have set up a new instance of Tripal 1.0 following the new tutorial and are currently testing this install.
We have so far installed chado and created a test aalysis entry.

When I use several of the links under "search biological data" eg: Analysis I get a blank page.
The server log says:
[Fri Sep 07 11:27:19 2012] [error] [client 129.177.123.4] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /export/home/licebase/drupal/sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_views/views/handlers/tripal_views_handler_filter_select_string.inc on line 188, referer: http://lb-test.bccs.uib.no/?q=admin/tripal/tripal_jobs/view/31

Could this be a real syntax error in the code?

Best

Michael Dondrup
Postdoctoral researcher
The Sea Lice Research Centre
Department of Informatics
University of Bergen
Thormøhlensgate 55, N-5008 Bergen,
Norway

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Problems during test of tripal 1.0

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Michael,

Are you using the most recent version of Tripal in the Git repository?
What OS and version of PHP are you using?  I'm using the current
point-in-time development version and I do not get this error message.
So, hopefully a bit more information will help resolve what's going on.

Thanks,
Stephen

On 9/7/2012 6:11 AM, Michael Dondrup wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have set up a new instance of Tripal 1.0 following the new tutorial and are currently testing this install.
> We have so far installed chado and created a test aalysis entry.
>
> When I use several of the links under "search biological data" eg: Analysis I get a blank page.
> The server log says:
> [Fri Sep 07 11:27:19 2012] [error] [client 129.177.123.4] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /export/home/licebase/drupal/sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_views/views/handlers/tripal_views_handler_filter_select_string.inc on line 188, referer: http://lb-test.bccs.uib.no/?q=admin/tripal/tripal_jobs/view/31
>
> Could this be a real syntax error in the code?
>
> Best
>

> Michael Dondrup
> Postdoctoral researcher
> The Sea Lice Research Centre
> Department of Informatics
> University of Bergen
> Thormøhlensgate 55, N-5008 Bergen,
> Norway

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Problems during test of tripal 1.0

Michael Dondrup
Hi Stephen,

sorry, I think it is due to the old PHP 5.1 on that server running on an old CentOS 5.4
I didn't install myself. We will now get the admin to install PHP 5.3 and then check again. I
guess this could be useful information for the software requirements section,
but then who is running php 5.1 anyway?

Best
Michael

$ php --version
PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: Jun 27 2012 12:21:13)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies