[Gmod-tripal-devel] Tripal MView and Integrated View import

[Gmod-tripal-devel] Tripal MView and Integrated View import

Cannon, Ethalinda K [COM S]
Hi Stephen,

We made changes to our QTL data which required recreating its MView, Integrated View and Drupal View. This is the first time I've attempted to got through this process with Tripal 1.1.

First (sorry this is so vague): Recreating the MView worked fine until I tried populating the new table. The SQL for populating the table was correct, but tripal_launch_jobs.php returned an unspecified SQL error with no entry in the apache error log and nothing useful in watchdog. Rather than take the time to track it down, I populated the table successfully "by hand" using the same SQL statement that the populate task rejected. Doing this behind the scenes may have been a mistake.

When I have more time I can try to get more specific information for you on this one.

Second, when I tried to import my revised Integrated View scriptlet, I got the notorious White Page and this error showed up in my error log:

   PHP Fatal error:  Class 'view' not found in /Library/WebServer/Documents/sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_views/includes/tripal_views_integration_port.inc(86) : eval()'d code on line 1, referer: http://popcorndev.agron.iastate.edu/admin/tripal/views/import

I'm guessing this could be due to an error in my scriptlet, but trying to import one that worked before produced the same error.

If it will help, I can send you the SQL and scriptlets that I'm working with.

Ethy

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Tripal MView and Integrated View import

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Ethy,

Yes, can you send along the SQL and the exported view and I'll take a
look at my end.

Thanks,
Stephen

On 12/2/2013 9:40 AM, Cannon, Ethalinda K [GDCBA] wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> We made changes to our QTL data which required recreating its MView, Integrated View and Drupal View. This is the first time I've attempted to got through this process with Tripal 1.1.
>

> First (sorry this is so vague): Recreating the MView worked fine until I tried populating the new table. The SQL for populating the table was correct, but tripal_launch_jobs.php returned an unspecified SQL error with no entry in the apache error log and nothing useful in watchdog. Rather than take the time to track it down, I populated the table successfully "by hand" using the same SQL statement that the populate task rejected. Doing this behind the scenes may have been a mistake.
>
> When I have more time I can try to get more specific information for you on this one.
>

> Second, when I tried to import my revised Integrated View scriptlet, I got the notorious White Page and this error showed up in my error log:
>
>     PHP Fatal error:  Class 'view' not found in /Library/WebServer/Documents/sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_views/includes/tripal_views_integration_port.inc(86) : eval()'d code on line 1, referer: http://popcorndev.agron.iastate.edu/admin/tripal/views/import
>
> I'm guessing this could be due to an error in my scriptlet, but trying to import one that worked before produced the same error.
>

> If it will help, I can send you the SQL and scriptlets that I'm working with.
>
> Ethy

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Tripal MView and Integrated View import

Cannon, Ethalinda K [COM S]
Hi Stephen,

I found the source of the second problem below: I was using the wrong scriptlet (groan). Creating the integrated view is now working. The first remains a problem so I'll send you the two files I'm using for that in a personal e-mail. The problem isn't urgent since I can load the table by hand, but it would be nice to know why the Tripal populate job is failing, or where to look for a specific error message.