[Gmod-tripal-devel] Tripal Phylogeny Module Discussion

[Gmod-tripal-devel] Tripal Phylogeny Module Discussion

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi All,

In our Tripal Developer's Meeting this month we discussed the Tripal
Phylogeny module which has been created by Andrew Farmer's group at
NCGR.  The goal is to make this module publicly available but some
feedback is needed from the larger group to identify how to generalize
the module sufficiently so that it can be used by a broad user base.  I
promised I would send out a Doodle poll to organize a meeting for that
discussion.

If you are interested in displaying phylogenetic trees on your Tripal
site please consider joining this discussion to provide feedback.  A
Doodle poll has been setup to select an optimal time for those who would
like to participate:

http://doodle.com/poll/pugdmbhpb7cerb9h

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-tripal] Tripal Phylogeny Module Discussion

Stephen Ficklin-2

Hi All,

Below are connection details for our meeting this Wednesday regarding the Tripal Phylogeny module. Anyone interested in using this module is welcome to attend and provide feedback.

Times are at:

UTC: 15:00 (3pm)
European Central:  17:00 (5pm)
Eastern US:  11am
Central US: 10am
Regina Canada: 9am
Pacific US: 8am

Phylogeny Module Discussion

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/630740901

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States : +1 (408) 650-3123

Access Code: 630-740-901

Stephen

On 4/12/2016 10:18 AM, Stephen Ficklin wrote:
For those interested in attending the Tripal Phylogeny Module discussion, it looks as though the best time will be Wednesday April 20th at the following time:

UTC: 15:00 (3pm)
European Central:  17:00 (5pm)
Eastern US:  11am
Central US: 10am
Regina Canada: 9am
Pacific US: 8am

Please mark your calendars. I will send out connection details a day or two before the meeting.

Stephen

On 3/29/16 10:37 PM, Stephen Ficklin wrote:
[...]

adf_ncgr
Thanks Stephen-
just following up for the benefit of anyone who may be unsure if they should attend tomorrow's meeting or not,
the basic agenda I have in mind for the call is:

Use case driven tour of phylogeny module. Focus on utility for finding possible areas for
    investigation of issues around gene annotation/assembly vs truly interesting biological phenomena;
    illustrate gene-family connectivity to other modules/tools implemented on legumeinfo.org (genome context viewer,
    multiple sequence alignment display, protein domain module)
Our current protocols for building families, MSAs, trees; protocols for data loading; use of standard chado
    tables + tripal materialized views; could be opportunity for some discussion on the differences between this
    full-phylogeny approach to gene family representation vs the flatter representation possible through the
    up-and-coming chado group module.
Discussion of areas of divergence between phylogeny module branches (legumeinfo
     implementation and proposed core implementation) and attempted resolution of what interested
     parties would like to have included in the core (could also include some discussion of ideas for where
     to go next with development of new features)
If there's time, some discussion of what it will take to make the phylogeny module compliant with Tripal 3.

apologies for not getting this out to you all sooner (especially those in much earlier time zones!), but looking
forward to receiving feedback.

Andrew

On 4/18/16 10:44 AM, Stephen Ficklin wrote:

[...]

...all concepts in which an entire process is semiotically concentrated
elude definition; only that which has no history is definable.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-tripal] Tripal Phylogeny Module Discussion

Guignon, Valentin (Bioversity-France)

Hi there!

Just a quick question as I could not attempt to the phylogeny module meeting the other day: is there any meeting notes we can access to see what has been said?

   Val