[Gmod-tripal-devel] Tripal v2.0-rc (release candidate) now available

[Gmod-tripal-devel] Tripal v2.0-rc (release candidate) now available

Stephen Ficklin-2
Dear Tripal Community,

We are happy to announce the availability of the next release of Tripal: Tripal v2.0-rc (release candidate).   This is a release just before a final stable release of v2.0 that provides an opportunity to fix any bug fixes or minor functionality changes that might crop up between now and the stable release.  if you notice anything awry with it please let us know.   Below are some links to important information:

Installation and Tutorial (updated for v2.0-rc)
Developer's Handbook (updated for v2.0-rc)
Upgrade Instructions from Tripal v1.1
Upgrade Tripal v2.0a (alpha release)
Tripal v2.x Demo Site
v2.0-rc Change Log

The extension modules detailed in the Tutorial are also updated to  v2.0-rc version.  You can download as described here: http://tripal.info/node/106.

If you have already been using the development branch (i.e. 7.x-2.x) and would like to lock in the version (for Tripal or extension modules) to v2.0-rc, simply issue these commands in your tripal (or extension module) directory:

git pull
git checkout 7.x-2.0-rc

Then perform the database updates

drush updatedb

Thanks for your patience and those who provided feedback and bug fixes!
Stephen

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Tripal v2.0-rc (release candidate) now available

Stephen Ficklin-2
Dear Tripal Community,

Tripal now has "full project" status on Drupal.org.  Which means, we no longer need to use a 'git clone' to download Tripal, but we can now use a simple drush command to install the Tripal modules.  It also means that when updates to Tripal are available site admins will be notified the same as any other Drupal module, and updates can be applied using the web interface or drush without a 'git pull'.    However, it takes up to 12 hours from when the project is updated for the releases to become available.   Once the releases are available later today or tomorrow, I will send out another email with further instructions.  The new project page for Tripal on Drupal.org is here:  https://www.drupal.org/project/tripal

Tripal extension modules are separate projects on Drupal.org, therefore, those may or may no be available using drush and may still need to use a 'git' command for installation.   We will keep you updated as these modules transition to full project status.

Stephen