[Gmod-tripal-devel] Warnings about missing templates

[Gmod-tripal-devel] Warnings about missing templates

Michael Dondrup
Hi,

after updating to the latest revision, I saw a lot of warnings on the tripal search pages and also the front page, like:

        • warning: include(./sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_stock/tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/licebase/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1079.
        • warning: include(): Failed opening './sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_stock/tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /export/home/licebase/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1079.

I remeber I had manually copied the files into place like so:

cp ./sites/all/themes/tripal_theme/tripal_organism/tripal_organism_feature_counts.tpl.php \
./sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_feature/

however now, the organism details page yields the above warning and I cannot find tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php
in the checkout, and according to my history, this file is new.

Best
Michael

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Warnings about missing templates

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Michael,

Have you also updated the Tripal theme?  There are some new templates
associated with stocks that we have added.  So, you'll need  to make
sure you have the most recent version of the theme as well.

After updating the Tripal theme you'll want to clear the Drupal cache
and it should clear up the messages.

Stephen

On 10/8/2012 6:49 AM, Michael Dondrup wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after updating to the latest revision, I saw a lot of warnings on the tripal search pages and also the front page, like:
>
> • warning: include(./sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_stock/tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/licebase/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1079.
> • warning: include(): Failed opening './sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_stock/tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /export/home/licebase/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1079.
>
> I remeber I had manually copied the files into place like so:
>
> cp ./sites/all/themes/tripal_theme/tripal_organism/tripal_organism_feature_counts.tpl.php \
> ./sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_feature/
>
> however now, the organism details page yields the above warning and I cannot find tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php
> in the checkout, and according to my history, this file is new.
>
> Best
> Michael

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Warnings about missing templates

Michael Dondrup
Hi Stephen,
I had not updated the themes before, so in the themes directory I moved the old directory
fetched with wget away, then in did ./sites/all/themes/

git clone http://git.drupal.org/sandbox/spficklin/1342972.git tripal_theme

then I had to copy the files
cp ./sites/all/themes/tripal_theme/tripal_organism/tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php ./sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_stock/

And the warnings disappeared.

Thank you
Michael

On Oct 8, 2012, at 10:49 PM, Stephen Ficklin wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Have you also updated the Tripal theme?  There are some new templates
> associated with stocks that we have added.  So, you'll need  to make
> sure you have the most recent version of the theme as well.
>
> After updating the Tripal theme you'll want to clear the Drupal cache
> and it should clear up the messages.
>
> Stephen
>
> On 10/8/2012 6:49 AM, Michael Dondrup wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> after updating to the latest revision, I saw a lot of warnings on the tripal search pages and also the front page, like:
>>
>> • warning: include(./sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_stock/tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/licebase/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1079.
>> • warning: include(): Failed opening './sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_stock/tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /export/home/licebase/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1079.
>>
>> I remeber I had manually copied the files into place like so:
>>
>> cp ./sites/all/themes/tripal_theme/tripal_organism/tripal_organism_feature_counts.tpl.php \
>> ./sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_feature/
>>
>> however now, the organism details page yields the above warning and I cannot find tripal_organism_stocks.tpl.php
>> in the checkout, and according to my history, this file is new.
>>
>> Best
>> Michael

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] Warnings about missing templates

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Michael,

I'm glad you have it resolved!  You should be able to leave all of the
files in the tripal_theme directory without having to copy the template
files to the module directories.  By default Drupal will look for themes
in the modules, and second will look in the theme directory.  However,
it caches locations where it sees or expects to see the themes.  So,
after you update the tripal_theme if you clear the Drupal cache (drush
cc all) then Drupal should see all of the template files in the theme
without having to copy them around.

Stephen