[Gmod-tripal-devel] installing in GMOD in the Cloud

[Gmod-tripal-devel] installing in GMOD in the Cloud

Scott Cain
Hi Stephen, Lacey and all,

I've finally gotten around to updating GMOD in the Cloud to include Tripal 2 (yay!).  I was just wondering if there are any gotchas I should be on the look out for.  The first thing I was wondering about was about bugs you mentioned in the tutorial that need to be patched for Tripal to work (one for bytea in postgres and one for views module); do you know if those have been addressed since you wrote the tutorial?

Also, one other minor issue with the tutorial: you require drush before you have us install it: the required modules page (http://tripal.info/node/99) uses drush, and the next page in the tutorial (http://tripal.info/node/143) is drush installation.  Switching that order around would be good :-)

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] installing in GMOD in the Cloud

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Scott,

Yes, those patches are still applicable.  I just recently went through the tutorial with the most recent version of Drupal and Drupal Views.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake in the tutorial. I've fixed the order.

Stephen

On 9/11/2014 1:31 PM, Scott Cain wrote:
Hi Stephen, Lacey and all,

I've finally gotten around to updating GMOD in the Cloud to include Tripal 2 (yay!).  I was just wondering if there are any gotchas I should be on the look out for.  The first thing I was wondering about was about bugs you mentioned in the tutorial that need to be patched for Tripal to work (one for bytea in postgres and one for views module); do you know if those have been addressed since you wrote the tutorial?

Also, one other minor issue with the tutorial: you require drush before you have us install it: the required modules page (http://tripal.info/node/99) uses drush, and the next page in the tutorial (http://tripal.info/node/143) is drush installation.  Switching that order around would be good :-)

Want excitement?