Hi.Trouble in using apollo

Xungang Tan
Hello,
I've downloaded and installed Apollo with Java VM
(Apollo_windows_with_jre.exe), but when I try to start the program I get a window with this message:
"The JVM could not be started. The main method may have thrown an
exception."

My computer system is Windows7 64 bite, and the Java 64 bite and 32 bite were both installed.
Could anyone tell me how to do?

Best regards.

Thomas
[hidden email]
2010-06-13

Re: Hi.Trouble in using apollo

Ed Lee
Hi Thomas,

Try downloading Apollo without the bundled VM and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, try deleting the file "$APOLLO/apollo.vmoptions",
where "$APOLLO" is the directory you installed Apollo in.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows 7 box to try to
replicate this issue.

Cheers,
Ed

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Xungang Tan wrote:

> Hello,
> I've downloaded and installed Apollo with Java VM
> (Apollo_windows_with_jre.exe), but when I try to start the program I get a window with this message:
> "The JVM could not be started. The main method may have thrown an
> exception."
>
> My computer system is Windows7 64 bite, and the Java 64 bite and 32 bite were both installed.
> Could anyone tell me how to do?
>

> Best regards.
>
> Thomas
> [hidden email]
> 2010-06-13

RE: Hi.Trouble in using apollo

Becksfort, Jared
Thomas,

In the conf/apollo.cfg file you might try allowing more memory on the "Memory" line.  I think I had this problem once before and that changing it to "2024M" helped (assuming you have more than that).  The comments above this line in the file say it might not be used if you use the installer to install, so it may not work for you on Windows.

Jared

Try downloading Apollo without the bundled VM and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, try deleting the file "$APOLLO/apollo.vmoptions",
where "$APOLLO" is the directory you installed Apollo in.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows 7 box to try to
replicate this issue.

Cheers,
Ed

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Xungang Tan wrote:

> Hello,
> I've downloaded and installed Apollo with Java VM
> (Apollo_windows_with_jre.exe), but when I try to start the program I get a window with this message:
> "The JVM could not be started. The main method may have thrown an
> exception."
>
> My computer system is Windows7 64 bite, and the Java 64 bite and 32 bite were both installed.
> Could anyone tell me how to do?
>

> Best regards.
>
> Thomas
> [hidden email]
> 2010-06-13

Email Disclaimer:  www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer

Re: Re: [apollo] Hi.Trouble in using apollo

Xungang Tan
Hi, Ed;
        Thanks a lot! After i delete the file"$APOLLO/apollo.vmoptions". It can load the APOLLO now.

>Hi Thomas,
>
>Try downloading Apollo without the bundled VM and see if that helps.
>
>If that doesn't help, try deleting the file "$APOLLO/apollo.vmoptions",
>where "$APOLLO" is the directory you installed Apollo in.
>
>Unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows 7 box to try to
>replicate this issue.
>
>Cheers,
>Ed
>
>On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Xungang Tan wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I've downloaded and installed Apollo with Java VM
>> (Apollo_windows_with_jre.exe), but when I try to start the program I get a window with this message:
>> "The JVM could not be started. The main method may have thrown an
>> exception."
>>
>> My computer system is Windows7 64 bite, and the Java 64 bite and 32 bite were both installed.
>> Could anyone tell me how to do?
>>

>> Best regards.
>>
>> Thomas
>> [hidden email]
>> 2010-06-13

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Best regards.
Dr.Xungang Tan
Associate Professor.
Experimental Marine Biological Laboratory, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Institute of Oceanology,Chinese Academy of Sciences.
7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao ,ShanDong, 266071.P.R.China.
Telphone:0086-532-82898559.
Cellphone:13407603367
[hidden email]
2010-06-23