Hierarchical upload API documentation and example

Hierarchical upload API documentation and example

Lance Parsons

Hi all, I’ve been looking at the new hierarchical upload API and I’d like to try and use it to integrate our existing sequence data repository a bit better with Galaxy. Currently I use a tool to post data to Galaxy, which works, but seems a bit clunky. This seems more built in and future proof. I’ve seen the discussion on galaxyproject/galaxy#5220 but I was wondering if there was any other, more formal, documentation. Or possibly anyone who has actually implemented (or started to implement) anything using this. Thanks!

I’ve also seen the tutorial linked in the release notes but I was wondering where that is actually hosted for public consumption. I’m a bit lost with the various places for Galaxy documentation and training these days…

--
Lance Parsons - Scientific Programmer
Carl C. Icahn Laboratory - Room 136

Re: Hierarchical upload API documentation and example

E. Rasche
Howdy Lance,

On 2018-07-31, Lance Parsons wrote:
> Hi all, I’ve been looking at the new hierarchical upload API and I’d like to
> try and use it to integrate our existing sequence data repository a bit
> better with Galaxy. Currently I use a tool to post data to Galaxy, which
> works, but seems a bit clunky. This seems more built in and future proof.
> I’ve seen the discussion on galaxyproject/galaxy#5220
> <https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/5220> but I was wondering if
> there was any other, more formal, documentation. Or possibly anyone who has
> actually implemented (or started to implement) anything using this. Thanks!

It sounds like if you just want to write yaml and use ephemeris, that
would work? https://ephemeris.readthedocs.io/en/latest/commands/setup-data-libraries.html
But maybe someone else can comment on more formal documentation.

> I’ve also seen the tutorial linked in the release notes <https://github.com/jmchilton/training-material/blob/rules/topics/introduction/tutorials/galaxy-intro-rules/tutorial.md>
> but I was wondering where that is actually hosted for public consumption.
> I’m a bit lost with the various places for Galaxy documentation and training
> these days…

You can find the publicly hosted version here:
https://galaxyproject.github.io/training-material/topics/galaxy-data-manipulation/tutorials/upload-rules/tutorial.html

> --
> Lance Parsons - Scientific Programmer
> Carl C. Icahn Laboratory - Room 136
> Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics
> Princeton University

Ciao,
Helena