How do I allow a large group of users to RUN my workflow without them having to make a local copy

How do I allow a large group of users to RUN my workflow without them having to make a local copy

thondeboer
Hi,

I am trying to build some workflows for people that are part of a group and I want to share that workflow with them, so that they can run the workflow without having to make a local copy for them self.

It seems I can only share a workflow in that manner with an individual, and not with a group...
Am I reading that correctly?

It seems strange not to be able to share workflows with groups if you can share them with individual users..
I also have to know the exact username (email) for each user, rather than being able to choose it from a list...

Is there any reason for this or is just underdeveloped?

Thanks

Thon

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: How do I allow a large group of users to RUN my workflow without them having to make a local copy

Anton Nekrutenko
Thon:

You can share a workflow through a URL, which you can send to all members of the group.

anton

On Jan 31, 2013, at 10:52 PM, Anthonius deBoer wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to build some workflows for people that are part of a group and I want to share that workflow with them, so that they can run the workflow without having to make a local copy for them self.

It seems I can only share a workflow in that manner with an individual, and not with a group...
Am I reading that correctly?

It seems strange not to be able to share workflows with groups if you can share them with individual users..
I also have to know the exact username (email) for each user, rather than being able to choose it from a list...

Is there any reason for this or is just underdeveloped?

Thanks

Thon

 http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: How do I allow a large group of users to RUN my workflow without them having to make a local copy

James Taylor-2
> It seems strange not to be able to share workflows with groups if you can
> share them with individual users..

The group/role system for data libraries and the sharing system for
other assets were developed concurrently. It would be reasonable (and
probably not that difficult) to add groups to the sharing system. Feel
free to create an issue for this, a pull request would certainly be
welcome.

> I also have to know the exact username (email) for each user, rather than
> being able to choose it from a list...

This is deliberate, we only expose the full user list to
administrators, we would consider it a privacy issue to expose the
email address of every Galaxy user to every other user.

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/