How to merge the annotation results into chromosomes?

How to merge the annotation results into chromosomes?

dcg@cau.edu.cn
Dear sir:
    Hello, I am doing my utmost to sdudy on annotation now.
    However,  I have been confused  on results handlng recently. After alignment, practice and curation, we can get good gene model and merge them by gff_merge and fasta_merge.      But how can I merge them into different chromosomes like Homo_sapiens.GRCh38.87.chromosome.11.gff3.gz? I don't just want results of different contigs.

    I'm looking forward to your reply. Thanks a lot!
    Best wishes!

Chao Chao

2017.03.06

Re: How to merge the annotation results into chromosomes?

Ence,daniel
Hi,

Do you have data that can precisely place each of your contigs in their position on the chromosome? Without that, this isn’t even possible, since a gff3 file with the chromosomes instead of the contigs requires each contig’s position in the chromosome.

And in any case, I don’t think there is a script in the maker tools that does what you’re asking. Maybe someone else has made a script to do that.

~Daniel