How to resolve the dependency of self-compiled C++ programs when publishing a tool?

How to resolve the dependency of self-compiled C++ programs when publishing a tool?

Jin Li
Hi all,

I want to publish our own tool to the Galaxy Tool Shed. Our tool is
our own developed C++ program. Our compiled binaries may not
necessarily run in other machines due to different OS platforms. How
could I resolve the tool dependency of our own compiled binaries?
Thank you.

Best regards,
Jin

Re: How to resolve the dependency of self-compiled C++ programs when publishing a tool?

Jin Li
Hi Devon,

Thank you for your instant reply. May I ask how could I quickly put a
C++ program in either conda-forge or bioconda? I am new to these
package repositories. Thank you.

Best regards,
Jin

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:03 AM Devon Ryan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Put your tool in either conda-forge or bioconda, that will take care
> of the issue.
> --
> Devon Ryan, Ph.D.
> Email: [hidden email]
> Data Manager/Bioinformatician
> Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics
> Stübeweg 51
> 79108 Freiburg
> Germany
>
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 8:44 AM Jin Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I want to publish our own tool to the Galaxy Tool Shed. Our tool is
> > our own developed C++ program. Our compiled binaries may not
> > necessarily run in other machines due to different OS platforms. How
> > could I resolve the tool dependency of our own compiled binaries?
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Jin

Re: How to resolve the dependency of self-compiled C++ programs when publishing a tool?

Björn Grüning-3
Hi Jin,

if it is a Bio-related package, follow these instructions:

https://bioconda.github.io/contributor/index.html

For anything else these once:

https://conda-forge.org/#contribute

Cheers,
Bjoern

Am 11.07.19 um 09:18 schrieb Jin Li:

> Hi Devon,
>
> Thank you for your instant reply. May I ask how could I quickly put a
> C++ program in either conda-forge or bioconda? I am new to these
> package repositories. Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Jin
>
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:03 AM Devon Ryan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Put your tool in either conda-forge or bioconda, that will take care
>> of the issue.
>> --
>> Devon Ryan, Ph.D.
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> Data Manager/Bioinformatician
>> Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics
>> Stübeweg 51
>> 79108 Freiburg
>> Germany
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 8:44 AM Jin Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I want to publish our own tool to the Galaxy Tool Shed. Our tool is
>>> our own developed C++ program. Our compiled binaries may not
>>> necessarily run in other machines due to different OS platforms. How
>>> could I resolve the tool dependency of our own compiled binaries?
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Jin

Re: How to resolve the dependency of self-compiled C++ programs when publishing a tool?

Jin Li
Hi Bjoern,

Thank you for your reply. Our tool is a Bio-related package. I will
follow instructions to put it in bioconda. Thank you.

Best regards,
Jin