IMPORTANT: I will arrive late, due to travel problems. Can we meet later?

IMPORTANT: I will arrive late, due to travel problems. Can we meet later?

Michael Caudy
Hi everyone,

Despite my best efforts to arrive in time for today's dinner meeting, the weather in NYC has once again screwed up travel plans.

I had a reservation with a taxi service to be picked up around 6:00 am, to make the early flight to San Diego from JFK.

Unfortunately, I received a phone message just before then, saying that none of the drivers had come in, due to snow and ice conditions, and I ended up missing the early flight, and will not arrive until about 9:00 pm tonight.

I am very sorry to miss the early dinner meeting that was planned.

Is it possible that you could plan to have dinner somewhat later, say around 8:00, so that I could go directly from the airport to meet you at the restaurant?

Or, it would be great if I could meet with some or all of you later this evening, after dinner, to get an overview of the discussions about Tripal development.

My cell phone number is 917 435-3624. I am staying at the Best Western Seven Seas, 411 Hotel Circle; 800 328-1618  (where the GMOD meeting was last year).

Thanks very much,

Mike

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Meg Staton <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'll see you all at the fountain. Thanks!
Meg

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 17, 2011, at 5:15 PM, Michael Caudy <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Scott and Stephen and everyone at PAG,

I was just about to send an e-mail message about the plan for a Tripal-related dinner on Tuesday, when I got these messages from Scott and Stephen,

Scott's suggestions for where to eat sound fine to me. We should try to find some place where we can hear each other talk, however.

I look forward to see you all tomorrow.

MIke

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Scott Cain <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stephan and all,

Sorry I forgot to email about this earlier. I meant to do it on Monday
last week.

Perhaps we should shoot for 6:30, since the meeting schedule goes
until 6:00. We could meet at the fountain outside the convention hall.
 For where to go from there, I can suggest a few things.  Very close
is california pizza kitchen and pf changs (at the mall).  A little
father away is a good sushi restaurant at the crowne plaza hotel, and
farther away (just barely walking distance, up a big hill) is
Hillcrest, where there are several good restaurants.  Does anyone have
a preference?