Inconsistencies on Template tags

Paulo Nuin
Hi everyone

We are in the process of creating a unified superuser that will control all our public templates (at the moment we have one superuser with 80% of the templates and another with the remainder). Anyway, here are the steps I followed, including the errors I got:

- exported templates and tags from the superuser with 80% of control
- created another superuser with a email ID that our managers can access
- imported all the templates from the exported file into the new user account
- removed the tags from the old superuser account
- confirmed that all public templates disappeared
- imported all tags into new superuser account
- all public template available
- double checked and new superuser account has correct tags

But the problem shows on the template links in the main page. Tags added to the new superuser account (im:aspect:XXX) templates make no difference as the tabs in the main page are empty. I tried adding an im:aspect tag to a template in the old superuser and the link appeared on the index page.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Paulo

Re: Inconsistencies on Template tags

Julie Sullivan-2
Is the other older superuser still marked as a superuser?

That code on the front page is likely still looking at the old superuser
account given you were able to see its template.

For a quick fix, make that superuser not a superuser. You can toggle
superusers on the UI (but maybe not the original superuser?) or edit
directly in the database.

        userprofile.superuser = false

PLEASE PLEASE make backups first!