Inconsistencies on labelling

Paulo Nuin
Hi everyone

I have been fighting most of the day today with labelling of some classes and fields, mainly RNAi, which InterMine decides to split to RN Ai.

In the linked image we have a case of labelling that no matter what I try is not able to transform the split version into RNAi. I have tried all possibilities (or at least the ones that make sense to me) and we also have another problem on the “Result=“, which I wasn’t able to remove either.

I am mainly trying to change things on

bio/webapp/resources/webapp/WEB-INF/soClassName.properties
and
bio/webapp/resources/webapp/WEB-INF/bioFieldNames.properties

should I try webconfig-model.xml?

Thanks

Paulo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r16rfb7ncbqhtom/Screenshot%202018-06-26%2021.07.29.png?dl=0

Re: Inconsistencies on labelling

Julie Sullivan-2
Hi Paulo,

Yes, you can update the labels via webconfig-model.xml. Here are the docs:

http://intermine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/data-model/data-labels/

The "result=RNAi" is coming from your config files. Grep for that value,
or send me the github link and I can hunt it down for you.

Julie

On 27/06/18 04:14, Paulo Nuin wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I have been fighting most of the day today with labelling of some classes and fields, mainly RNAi, which InterMine decides to split to RN Ai.
>
> In the linked image we have a case of labelling that no matter what I try is not able to transform the split version into RNAi. I have tried all possibilities (or at least the ones that make sense to me) and we also have another problem on the “Result=“, which I wasn’t able to remove either.
>
> I am mainly trying to change things on
>
> bio/webapp/resources/webapp/WEB-INF/soClassName.properties
> and
> bio/webapp/resources/webapp/WEB-INF/bioFieldNames.properties
>
> should I try webconfig-model.xml?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paulo
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/r16rfb7ncbqhtom/Screenshot%202018-06-26%2021.07.29.png?dl=0

Re: Inconsistencies on labelling

Paulo Nuin
Hi Julie

I grepped my entire codebase for something like

result=RNAi

And nothing came out. What I have on my

intermine/bio/webapp/resources/webapp/WEB-INF

Is

bioClassNames.properties:RNAiPhenotype=RNAi Phenotype
bioClassNames.properties:RNAiScreenHit=RNAi Screen Hit
bioClassNames.properties:RNAiScreen=RNAi Screen
bioClassNames.properties:RNAi=RNAi
bioFieldNames.properties:rnaiResults=RNAi Results
bioFieldNames.properties:rnaiScreenHits=RNAi Screen Hits
bioFieldNames.properties:RN Ai=RNAi
bioFieldNames.properties:RNAi=RNAi
bioFieldNames.properties:RNAi Result=RNAi Result
bioFieldNames.properties:RN Ai Result=RNAi Result

My guess is that the space in RNAi result is not allowing for proper labels, but I might be wrong.

Thanks

Paulo

> On Jun 27, 2018, at 1:16 AM, Julie Sullivan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Paulo,
>
> Yes, you can update the labels via webconfig-model.xml. Here are the docs:
>
> http://intermine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/data-model/data-labels/
>
> The "result=RNAi" is coming from your config files. Grep for that value, or send me the github link and I can hunt it down for you.
>
> Julie
>
> On 27/06/18 04:14, Paulo Nuin wrote:
>> Hi everyone
>> I have been fighting most of the day today with labelling of some classes and fields, mainly RNAi, which InterMine decides to split to RN Ai.
>> In the linked image we have a case of labelling that no matter what I try is not able to transform the split version into RNAi. I have tried all possibilities (or at least the ones that make sense to me) and we also have another problem on the “Result=“, which I wasn’t able to remove either.
>> I am mainly trying to change things on
>> bio/webapp/resources/webapp/WEB-INF/soClassName.properties
>> and
>> bio/webapp/resources/webapp/WEB-INF/bioFieldNames.properties
>> should I try webconfig-model.xml?
>> Thanks
>> Paulo
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/r16rfb7ncbqhtom/Screenshot%202018-06-26%2021.07.29.png?dl=0

Re: Inconsistencies on labelling

Julie Sullivan-2
You are correct! The property file is using the database name, not the
formatted display name.

Here's the InterMine property file.

https://github.com/intermine/intermine/blob/dev/bio/webapp/resources/webapp/WEB-INF/bioFieldNames.properties

        mRNAExpressionResults=mRNA Expression Results
        mRNAExpressionTerms=mRNA Expression Terms

That format should work!