InterMine Outreach Call, 6 June - all welcome!

InterMine Outreach Call, 6 June - all welcome!

Yo Yehudi-2
Hi all!

We have an InterMine outreach call coming up on June 6th, 5PM UK time. We have two exciting guest speakers, plus we'll briefly mention the six Google Summer of Code students working with us over the next few months.

Speakers:

- Malvika Sharan is a computational biologist and a community outreach coordinator for EMBL Bio-IT, which fosters a community of bioinformaticians. She will be talking about inconclusiveness in Open Science Communities using examples from her work at EMBL and her involvement in The Carpentries, SSI, and Mozilla.
- Emmy Tsang: I'm the new Innovation Community Manager at eLife and am now running the eLife Innovation Initiative. I'm going to talk about the #eLifeSprint– our effort to drive and support collaborations in developing open-source software for open science, and the latest developments of Reproducible Document Stack project, which include a roadmap towards sharing reproducible research.

Agenda and joining details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VhfFbOwx95UZP-sRDVib8HNGPCXCfnpDVGh8VAbeI0c/edit - we'll be using Zoom for this call, rather than GotoMeeting.

I'll send a reminder close to the time - but in the meantime, please share with friends, community members, etc. This is a non-techie call and all are welcome.

Fwd: InterMine Outreach Call, 6 June - all welcome!

Yo Yehudi-2
Quick reminder - this call is tomorrow! We'll look forward to seeing you there.