InterMine community outreach call

Yo Yehudi
Hi all,

The next InterMine community outreach call is this week! Our speakers this time are Jason Williams, founder of lifescitrainers.org (amongst many other things), and Asher Pasha, about the re-launch of ThaleMine under BAR in Toronto.

It's also the time of year when we start to talk about Google Summer of Code and Outreachy again - if you have any InterMiney ideas you'd like to see made real, please ping us and maybe we can get an intern working on it this (northern hemisphere) summer.

When: Thursday Feb 6, 5pm UK time, or check your timezone here: https://arewemeetingyet.com/London/2020-02-06/17:00

See you there!

--
Please note I am ‘working to contract’ as part of the UCU industrial action to defend our pensions and fight for fair pay and equality. This may mean it takes longer for me to respond to emails. You can find out more about the dispute at: www.ucu.cam.ac.uk/faqs

Fwd: InterMine community outreach call

Yo Yehudi
Hey all,

This call is in around two hours :)

Fwd: InterMine community outreach call

Yo Yehudi
Recap:

Call agenda and notes are now archived on InterMine Community call GitHub.

Jason Williams (Cold Spring Harbor) spoke about LifeSciTrainers.org and recently winning the NSF Idea Machine competition - jump to the start of his talk on YouTube or visit the slides: http://bit.ly/intermine-feb20

Asher Pasher (BAR, Toronto) talked about ThaleMine's history, redevelopment, and current state under its new home at BAR. Jump to the start of his talk on YouTube, or visit the slides.

Next Call:

This will be a techie call - 12 March 2020, at 5pm UK time - or check your timezone

We have an open agenda - please suggest other topics if needed, and/or pre-register your intent to attend.
  • We'll discuss the most recent InterMine release
  • BlueGenes data vis tool auto-install demo! (Thanks Kevin!)
  • Open discussion around federated result sets.