InterMine developers meeting?

Richard Smith
Hi All,
There is GMOD meeting in Toronto on October 12th-13th.  What do you all
think about holding an InterMine developers meeting the day before or
after?

This wouldn't be a workshop for new users but intended for existing
InterMine users to meet up and discuss some advanced topics e.g. web
services, widget development, custom report displayers and any new
issues or requirements.

a) Are you already planning to attend the GMOD meeting?

b) Would you be interested in an InterMine developers meeting at the
same time?

Richard.

Re: InterMine developers meeting?

Josh Goodman
JD and I will be there.  I can't do a day before but perhaps we could fit something in at other
times.  GMOD meetings generally go a half day on the second day so maybe we could do something in
the afternoon that Thursday (13th).  Friday is also a possibility but there is a 1/2 day BioMart
training session planned that JD and I will attend.

Josh

On 08/15/2011 07:00 AM, Richard Smith wrote:

> Hi All,
> There is GMOD meeting in Toronto on October 12th-13th.  What do you all
> think about holding an InterMine developers meeting the day before or
> after?
>
> This wouldn't be a workshop for new users but intended for existing
> InterMine users to meet up and discuss some advanced topics e.g. web
> services, widget development, custom report displayers and any new
> issues or requirements.
>
> a) Are you already planning to attend the GMOD meeting?
>
> b) Would you be interested in an InterMine developers meeting at the
> same time?
>

> Richard.

Re: InterMine developers meeting?

Sierra Moxon
ZFIN probably won't make it to GMOD this year, but we could skype in
on the development meeting if necessary.
Sierra
On Aug 15, 2011, at 4:00 AM, Richard Smith wrote:

> Hi All,
> There is GMOD meeting in Toronto on October 12th-13th.  What do you
> all
> think about holding an InterMine developers meeting the day before or
> after?
>
> This wouldn't be a workshop for new users but intended for existing
> InterMine users to meet up and discuss some advanced topics e.g. web
> services, widget development, custom report displayers and any new
> issues or requirements.
>
> a) Are you already planning to attend the GMOD meeting?
>
> b) Would you be interested in an InterMine developers meeting at the
> same time?
>

> Richard.

Re: InterMine developers meeting?

Benjamin Hitz-2
I think either Kalpana or I would attend if you had a meeting then.  I can't really do anything on the 14th, though.

Ben

On Aug 16, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Sierra Moxon wrote:

> ZFIN probably won't make it to GMOD this year, but we could skype in on the development meeting if necessary.
> Sierra
> On Aug 15, 2011, at 4:00 AM, Richard Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> There is GMOD meeting in Toronto on October 12th-13th.  What do you all
>> think about holding an InterMine developers meeting the day before or
>> after?
>>
>> This wouldn't be a workshop for new users but intended for existing
>> InterMine users to meet up and discuss some advanced topics e.g. web
>> services, widget development, custom report displayers and any new
>> issues or requirements.
>>
>> a) Are you already planning to attend the GMOD meeting?
>>
>> b) Would you be interested in an InterMine developers meeting at the
>> same time?
>>

>> Richard.

Ben Hitz
Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium
Stanford University ** [hidden email]

Re: InterMine developers meeting?

Richard Smith
Hi all,
It looks like there will be four or five groups represented so we'll go
ahead with a meeting in Toronto in October.

We'll try to meet up on Thursday afternoon (13th) as the main GMOD
meeting is likely to finish early and on Friday (14th) when the BioMart
workshop isn't on.

More details will be confirmed nearer the time but we'll prepare a
couple of tutorials on e.g. report page displayers, web services or
widget creation and are happy to discuss topics anyone else suggests.

You can register for the GMOD meeting here:

        http://gmod.org/wiki/October_2011_GMOD_Meeting

Regards,
Richard.