Introduction

maximilian_greil
Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

my name is Maximilian Greil and I would like to participate in the GMOD project.
I recently recieved my B.Sc. in Bioinformatics and will soon continue with my M.Sc. in Bioinformatics.
To extend my knowledge and skills in computer science and especially in bioinformatics I want to take part in bioinformatic projects. According to the forum biostars.org a good way to start and acquire experience is to participate in Open Source software development projects. I discovered the GMOD project on open-bio.org.

Now my question: is it possible that I can participate in the GMOD project? I would like to start sonner rather than later.

Kind regards,
Maximilian Greil

Re: Introduction

Dave Clements-3
And I accidentally dropped the list from my response.  Sorry, I've only been using email since 1983.  Give me another year. :-/

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you in San Diego!

Dave C

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Dave Clements <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Maximillian,

I think a good way to get up and running in a project is with a hackathon, and there happen to be several coming up:

Tripal Hackathon, TODAY and TOMORROW, San Diego, California, United States.
Might be too late for that one.

InterMine Hackathon, 1-2 April, in Berkeley, California, United States.
I don't know if they are open to remote participants or not.

Galaxy Hackathons
The big, in person ones will be in Montpellier, France, 26-27 June this year.  Registration is not open yet.
However, the community/project has many smaller online ones.  Watch the events page

Hope this helps,

Dave C