Invoking GBrowse2 URLs

Cornel Ghiban
Hi,

Is there a similar documentation page for GB2 like this one for GB1?
http://gmod.org/wiki/GBrowse_Configuration_HOWTO#Invoking_GBrowse_URLs_.28under_construction.29

I'm mainly interested in opening a GBrowse 2 with some tracks activated to
which I can add my one track(s). Currently I use eurl parameter to tell a
remote GBrowse 1.x to load extra tracks.

Thanks,
Cornel

Re: Invoking GBrowse2 URLs

Wes Barris
On 23/06/2010 5:03 AM, Cornel Ghiban wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a similar documentation page for GB2 like this one for GB1?
> http://gmod.org/wiki/GBrowse_Configuration_HOWTO#Invoking_GBrowse_URLs_.28under_construction.29
>
> I'm mainly interested in opening a GBrowse 2 with some tracks activated to
> which I can add my one track(s). Currently I use eurl parameter to tell a
> remote GBrowse 1.x to load extra tracks.

I don't think that there is an equivalent page for GB2 but the
syntax described works for either version.  It sounds like you
want to use the 'label=' argument.

> Thanks,
> Cornel

Wes Barris

Re: Invoking GBrowse2 URLs

Cornel Ghiban
Hi Wes,

Well, it sort of works, as my problem is with eurl parameter, not with
enabling/disabling the tracks. Using eurl I can add remote features (at
least it works fine in GB 1.x)

Go to this GB2:

http://phytozome-test.jgi-psf.org/cgi-bin/gbrowse/grape/?start=1145001;stop=1245000;ref=chr1;eurl=http%3A//green.cshl.edu/project/dnasubway_exporter%3Fpid%3D1014%26rand%3DPYQRIGE

or shorter http://bit.ly/9gK4wE

When you go to this address for the first time, the remote track is not
there. But accessing it a 2nd time, you'll be able to see the remote features.

This is my problem. I guess I could sent two requests to GB2, but I don't
think it's right.

Thanks,
Cornel