JAVA_HOME error, but it is set - part 2

Heleen
Hi again,

I did some more test and noticed that grailsw did not give me an error when I ran it separately in my home directory. I also noticed that it would not download all of the .gradle files and lock the directory when running in the apollo directory. I chmod 777 the apollo directory and ran it without sudo, just ./apollo run-local. Now it does run and it also builds a war file.

My unix/gradle.etc skills aren't that great. For now it works, but how should I tackle this properly or is it ok doing it this way?

And apologies if this is old news! I did try ./apollo run-local initially, but because it gave me some access denied erorrs I just assumed that sudo was necessary.

Kind regards,
Heleen.

Re: JAVA_HOME error, but it is set - part 2

nathandunn
> And apologies if this is old news! I did try ./apollo run-local initially, but because it gave me some access denied erorrs I just assumed that sudo was necessary.

What type of errors was is giving you?   Hopefully you can just fix those and then run commands out of the Apollo directory as non-root.

Nathan