JBrowse 1.9.8 has been released, with fixes for some minor issues, a
performance improvement when many HTML-based tracks are open, and a new
yScalePosition configuration option for all tracks can can be set to
“left”, “right”, or “center” to change where the y-axis scale is displayed.
* Removed "XX has no data for this chromosome" popup warning message.
It was just annoying and not very useful.
* Added an optional "yScalePosition" element to track configs that
allows configs with Y axes to have those axes positioned on the
left or right side of the view, as well as in the center. Thanks
to Alexis Grimaldi for making this change.
* Fixed a bug in which NCList-based tracks display with an error for
reference sequences on which they have no data. Thanks to Michael
Axtell for pointing this out.
* Improved GFF3 handling in the File->Open tool, fixed a bug in the
GFF3 parser in which an empty (.) source column caused the GFF3
parser to crash.
* Improved scrolling speed when many HTML feature tracks are active.
* Fixed a bug in which the browser can fail to start for a reference
sequence that has never been seen before.
* Fixed a confusing behavior in JBrowse/Store/SeqFeature/REST in
which the URLs it constructs to fetch from did not always have a
'/' where one would expect. Thanks to Alex Kalderimis for pointing