JBrowse conference call, December 12th, 2pm Pacific

JBrowse conference call, December 12th, 2pm Pacific

Robert Buels
Hello JBrowse users and developers,

The next JBrowse developers' conference call will be held on Monday,
December 12 at 2pm Pacific time.  Call details are below; we hope you
will join in.

Call details:

1. Dial Toll-Free Number: 866-740-1260 (U.S. & Canada)
(The toll-free number from Thailand is 001800656911)
2. Enter access code 4867508#

Talk to you then!

Rob

Re: [Gmod-ajax] JBrowse conference call, December 12th, 2pm Pacific

Robert Buels
Hi all,

Good to talk with you!  Here are the minutes from the meeting.

Rob

Attendance
-------------
Nomi Harris
Gregg Helt
Ed Lee
Chris Childers
Scott Cain
Tyra Wolfsberg
Ian Holmes
Sheldon McKay

Minutes
------------

Rob reports that he will be giving a JBrowse presentation at PAG.

Scott says the GMOD meeting in April is right after the BioCuration
meeting in Georgetown. Gregg and Ed will be at the BioCuration
meeting, so maybe they can just stay for the GMOD meeting.

Gregg asked Tyra about how she is using JBrowse at NHGRI.  Tyra says
she is using JBrowse for a novel genome they are sequencing.

Tyra had a question about JBrowse's current behavior when lists of
tracks to display are specified in the URL (and passed into the
Browser constructor as the 'tracks' parameter).  Currently, that
passed parameter overrides the list of displayed tracks in the user's
cookie, there was some discussion about whether the two lists should be
unioned instead, rather than one overriding the other.  The
conclusion was that this might be too complex.

Tyra also had a use case for displaying the genotypes of polymorphisms
in the genome.  JBrowse doesn't currently have functionality for doing
this; there was discussion about GBrowse's allele_tower glyph, which
sounds like it does this.  Some methods for accomplishing this in a
JBrowse installation were discussed; the feature roadmap for JBrowse
includes giving it the ability to use GBrowse glyphs in some fashion,
and that should help with this.

Gregg and Ed outlined for Tyra a bit about some of the things that
they are working on the WebApollo branch, such as context menus and
other experimental features, some of which they hope to role into the
main JBrowse branch.

Ian will be giving a talk at a European bioinformatics meeting next
week.

Rob is going to be starting as the primary JBrowse developer in
January.

Next Meeting
--------------
January 9, 2012, 2pm PST

Re: JBrowse conference call, December 12th, 2pm Pacific

Lincoln Stein
Sorry I missed this!

In future, could you cc the announcements to my assistant, [hidden email]?

Lincoln

On Friday, December 9, 2011, Robert Buels <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello JBrowse users and developers,
>
> The next JBrowse developers' conference call will be held on Monday, December 12 at 2pm Pacific time.  Call details are below; we hope you will join in.
>
> Call details:
>
> 1. Dial Toll-Free Number: 866-740-1260 (U.S. & Canada)
> (The toll-free number from Thailand is 001800656911)
> 2. Enter access code 4867508#
>
> Talk to you then!
>
> Rob

Re: JBrowse conference call, December 12th, 2pm Pacific

Robert Buels
Sure, will do.