Left swipe on Mac Chrome fix

nathandunn

This has been bugging me personally, so I thought I would share how to fix the scrolling left issue:

In there terminal type:

defaults write com.google.Chrome AppleEnableSwipeNavigateWithScrolls -bool FALSE

And restart Chrome.

Cheers,

Nathan

Re: Left swipe on Mac Chrome fix

nathandunn

It looks like its a JBrowse 1 + Chrome + Mac issue.  It happens with and without the iFrame.

I don’t see the same problem in JBrowse 2, which is a relief.

Do you want me to create a JBrowse 1 ticket?

Nathan

On Jul 2, 2019, at 10:12 PM, Colin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there anything that can be done to address this without modifying a system setting?

-Colin

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 3:33 PM Nathan Dunn <[hidden email]> wrote:

This has been bugging me personally, so I thought I would share how to fix the scrolling left issue:

In there terminal type:

defaults write com.google.Chrome AppleEnableSwipeNavigateWithScrolls -bool FALSE

And restart Chrome.

Cheers,

Nathan

Re: Left swipe on Mac Chrome fix

nathandunn

Colin was able to fix this.

If you want to deploy to the server without the hack, just set the JBrowse branch to “dev” after running `apollo clean-all && apollo deploy`.

When JBrowse 16.6 is released, I’ll release another version of JBrowse (2.4.1) that automatically has that.

Nathan