Limiting user access

Stewart Stevens
Hi,

I'm trying to limit user access to our galaxy instance.  I have in universe_wsgi.ini set the following:

require_login = True
allow_user_creation = False

This does a lot of what we want, thanks for that. :-)

Is there a way to allow users to create an account, requiring a confirmation from an administrator?  (Who'd be notified of the account request.)

Alternatively, is there a way to add a message, "Please contact {admin_emails} for an account." to the compulsory log-in screen that will link to admin contacts?

Thanks,

Stewart

--

Stewart Stevens
PhD Student

University of Otago
Department of Biochemistry
Tel: +64(0)3 479 7863
Fax: +64(0)3 479 7866

Re: Limiting user access

Greg Von Kuster
Hello Stewart,

This is not currently possible, but there is a ticket for it here which you can "follow" if you want.  It's a fairly old ticket, so we'll look at trying to get it handled as soon as we can.

http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/190/registering-new-users-datalibraries

Thanks Stewart!

On Jun 4, 2010, at 6:39 AM, Stewart Stevens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to limit user access to our galaxy instance.  I have in universe_wsgi.ini set the following:
>
> require_login = True
> allow_user_creation = False
>
> This does a lot of what we want, thanks for that. :-)
>
> Is there a way to allow users to create an account, requiring a confirmation from an administrator?  (Who'd be notified of the account request.)
>
> Alternatively, is there a way to add a message, "Please contact {admin_emails} for an account." to the compulsory log-in screen that will link to admin contacts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stewart
>
> --
>
> Stewart Stevens