Linking to a list through a template

Vallejos, Andrew

I hope this makes sense…

What we would like to do is create a link from RGD that runs a template query, but instead of returning a table, would return a list analysis page.

Thanks,

Andrew

======================

Andrew Vallejos

Web Developer II

Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center

Medical College of Wisconsin

414-955-4104

Re: Linking to a list through a template

Richard Smith
That makes sense.  Right now you can do this in two steps - you can run
a query via the web service that would return e.g. Gene
primaryIdentifier then link with a comma separated list of the ids
directly to create a list.

http://www.flymine.org/query/portal.do?externalids=eve,zen,bib&class=Gene

But this isn't so practical if you just want to set up a link from a web
page.  We can add a parameter to the template URL that will execute the
query and forward to a list analysis page - but there will have to be a
restriction that the template only returns a single column (or multiple
fields from a single class).

Can you give an example of what you would do this for?

Cheers,
Richard.

Vallejos, Andrew wrote:

> I hope this makes sense...
>

> What we would like to do is create a link from RGD that runs a template
> query, but instead of returning a table, would return a list analysis
> page.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Andrew
>

> ======================
>
> Andrew Vallejos
>
> Web Developer II
>
> Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center
>
> Medical College of Wisconsin
>
> 414-955-4104

Re: Linking to a list through a template

Vallejos, Andrew
Yes.

One example would be QTL --> Genes in QTL.  So from an RGD QTL page
there would be a link to the template:
http://ratmine.mcw.edu/ratmine/template.do?name=qtl_symbol_to_genes_in_r
egion&scope=all

This template would return a gene list analysis page.

Thanks,

Andrew