Maker 3 versus older versions

Steven Sullivan
1) is there a changelog or summary of what Maker 3 offers vs the latest version of Maker 2?

2) Is the protocol for running Maker 3 substantially different from running 2, and if so, is there a tutorial/wiki for Maker 3?

--
Dr. Steven Sullivan
Center for Genomics & Systems Biology

Re: Maker 3 versus older versions

Carson Holt-2

> 1) is there a changelog or summary of what Maker 3 offers vs the latest version of Maker 2?

Not currently, but there are two main changes.

1. The integration of EVM.
2. Changed how hints are sent to Augustus based on suggestions from Mario Stanke.

If you are not using EVM, it is essentially identical to MAKER2 (except for Augustus hints).

> 2) Is the protocol for running Maker 3 substantially different from running 2, and if so, is there a tutorial/wiki for Maker 3?

No new documentation/tutorial has yet been produced. MAKER2 is still the version I recommend unless you really want to use EVM. Without EVM the MAKER3 protocol is identical to MAKER2.

—Carson