Maker installation

Tracy Smith
Hi,

I am trying to install Maker and am running into the same problem noted on this page, namely I cannot install Apollo.

I tried using the new url you provided, "Here is a new location for the source --> http://sourceforge.net/code-snapshots/svn/g/gm/gmod/svn/gmod-svn-25291-apollo-trunk.zip"
but that url now points nowhere.

Is it possible to use WebApollo instead? Or do you know of another location where a copy of Apollo could be downloaded?

Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Tracy

--
Tracy Smith
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Re: Maker installation

Carson Hinton Holt
Hi Tracy,

The older apollo is pretty much deprecated.  There are still people who like to use it though (myself among them).  You can download and install it manually from here —> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmod/files/Apollo/.

If you want to let MAKER install it for you, you can edit the URL in the .../maker/src/locations file to be this —> http://weatherby.genetics.utah.edu/apollo/apollo.tar.gz

You can also use Web-Apollo for your data if you want, and that is what I would recommend.

On a side note, if you are trying to install the old Apollo as part of the optional web-based GUI, I’d recommend not doing that.  The GUI is really only for demonstration purposes or very small datasets.  It is not for production (that is why it is off by default).

Thanks,
Carson