Maker not installing

Emmanuel Nnadi
Hello all,

I downloaded Maker and tried to install it. I succeeded in installing all prerequisites however running maker ./build install, it showed that maker installed.

However trying to run maker it wouldn't run.

Please how do I install maker to run on local computer?

Thanks

Nnadi Nnaemeka Emmanuel
Department of Microbiology,
Faculty of Natural and Applied Science,
Plateau State University, Bokkos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
Publications:  https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Emmanuel_Nnadi/publications

Re: Maker not installing

Emmanuel Nnadi
Hi Ence,
Thanks for your reply,

This is the step and error received
emmannamekasMBP:src emmannaemeka$ ./build install
Installing MAKER...
Building MAKER
Skip /Users/emmannaemeka/desktop/Gpm/maker/src/../perl/config-darwin-thread-multi-2level-5.018002 (unchanged)

The build status is

STATUS MAKER v2.31.9
PERL Dependencies:  VERIFIED
External Programs:  VERIFIED
External C Libraries:   VERIFIED
MPI SUPPORT:        DISABLED
MWAS Web Interface: DISABLED
MAKER PACKAGE:      CONFIGURATION OK

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Ence,daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Daniel
The reply is

emmannamekasMBP:maker emmannaemeka$ MAKER -ctl

-bash: MAKER: command not found

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Ence,daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Carson Holt-2
After install the executables will be in the …/maker/bin directory. Example (if you did the install in your home directory) —> ~/maker/bin/maker

You need to add the …/maker/bin directory to your PATH for it to be found just by typing ‘maker'

Explanation of the Linux PATH —> http://www.linfo.org/path_env_var.html

—Carson

On Aug 28, 2017, at 8:07 AM, Ence,daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I tried to export PATH

running
echo $PATH in the maker directory this returned

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin:/Users/emmannaemeka/Desktop/Gpm/maker/bin/maker

1. Does it mean that PATH has been exported?

secondly,

I tried to run

the command maker -h, which maker, maker -CTL

nothing returned.

2. how do i start up maker?

3. Do I need to be in maker directory to start maker?

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Carson Holt <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Path needs to be a list of directories to search (you specified an executable location).

So not this —> /Users/emmannaemeka/Desktop/Gpm/maker/bin/maker

Instead it needs to be this —> /Users/emmannaemeka/Desktop/Gpm/maker/bin

—Carson