Maker yields sequences without start and stop codon

Maker yields sequences without start and stop codon

Emmanuel Nnadi
Hi Carson
I always set always_complete=1 yet I still get sequences without start and stop codon.

Can https://github.com/Gaius-Augustus/Augustus/blob/master/scripts/fix_in_frame_stop_codon_genes.py be used on the final sequence to fix start and stop codon problem?

Nnaemeka Emmanuel Nnadi,Ph.D
Department of Microbiology,
Faculty of Natural and Applied Science,
Plateau State University, Bokkos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
+2348068124819
Publications:

Re: Maker yields sequences without start and stop codon

Carson Holt-2
Maybe. I’ve never tried it. MAKER just wanders upstream and downstream, then gives up if it doesn’t find anything to add. Perhaps this script does something similar. If it takes GFF3, may be worth a shot.

—Carson

On Oct 27, 2020, at 9:01 PM, Emmanuel Nnadi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Carson
I always set always_complete=1 yet I still get sequences without start and stop codon.

Can https://github.com/Gaius-Augustus/Augustus/blob/master/scripts/fix_in_frame_stop_codon_genes.py be used on the final sequence to fix start and stop codon problem?

Nnaemeka Emmanuel Nnadi,Ph.D
Department of Microbiology,
Faculty of Natural and Applied Science,
Plateau State University, Bokkos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
+2348068124819
Publications:

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment