MineManager error

James Blackshaw
Hi,
I'm trying to use mineManager to visualse the schema for the mine I'm
running, having made all my changes on the command line and with file
editing so far. However, I get this error when I try to create the mine
(see below). Any idea how to prevent this, or just force MineManager to
ignore it, so I can look at the links between tables in the database
using the editor?
Thanks,
James

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
     at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:164)
     at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:81)
     at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:468)
     at
org.intermine.common.swing.SystemProcessSwingWorker.doInBackground(SystemProcessSwingWorker.java:240)
     at
org.intermine.common.swing.SystemProcessSwingWorker.doInBackground(SystemProcessSwingWorker.java:27)
     at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:291)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
     at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:330)
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Re: MineManager error

Julie Sullivan
Hi James,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I'm not sure exactly what is causing your
problem.  Can you verify that you can start the MineManager and edit current
Mines?  You only get this error when you try to create a new mine.  Is that correct?

I do know we've had some issues with paths and the MineManager.  What is the
path to your InterMine checkout?  eg. does it look like:

        /home/james/svn/dev/intermine/MineManager

If not, can you try to put your mine there and see if that helps?  I think it's
going to look for your properties files here:

        ../../../.intermine

That may be causing the "file not found" error.  No, that's not very clever, we
hope to improve this in the future but maybe for now you could try that fix?

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Julie