Missing Edit Tab (Features and Stocks)

Kucheran, Lacey Sanderson
So, today I came up against something really weird.

For users (other then admin) that have edit chado_stock/feature content permission, there is no edit tab on various feature/stock content. Furthermore, if I navigate to the edit page (add /edit to the node path -node/5435/edit) then I receive an access denied message. So the user has the edit permission checkbox checked but they still aren't able to edit. Furthermore, I have the same problem on two different Tripal sites. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
~Lacey

Lacey-Anne Sanderson
Bioinformaticist
Pulse Crop Breeding and Genetics
Phone: (306) 966-2430
Room 3D10 Agriculture
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Saskatchewan

Re: Missing Edit Tab (Features and Stocks)

Lacey-Anne Sanderson
Hmm... so what fixed it was giving the user administer nodes permission. However, I'm not sure that I want to do this since it allows them more permissions then just editing stock nodes (it allows them to edit ALL nodes!). I'm going to dig deeper since I think this is a problem with our modules (it essentially makes the edit permission not work correctly). Could someone check this on their system to see if it's Tripal wide?

~Lacey

Lacey-Anne Sanderson
Bioinformaticist
Pulse Crop Breeding and Genetics
Phone: (306) 966-2430
Room 3D10 Agriculture
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Saskatchewan

Re: Missing Edit Tab (Features and Stocks)

Lacey-Anne Sanderson
Hi Stephen,

I Am having the same problem :( I never noticed the view problem because all my users have access content permission from the node module. This is the same case as with administer nodes permission -with it a user can view all nodes, without it (even with organism view) they can't view any nodes. :( However, I have no problem rebuilding the permissions (no errors, completes fine) except that it doesn't fix the problem (still get access denied unless the node permissions are added).

On 2011-09-29, at 7:36 PM, Stephen Ficklin wrote:

Hi Lacey,

I'm baffled by this one.  I tested out permissions on my local setup here by adding a new user account and role that can view and edit tripal content.  When I even try to view a page  I get an access denied error message on the organism page.   The hook_access is working properly, so something else is screwing up the access permission.

When I try to rebuild the access permissions I get a 500 Error and it never works.  Are you having this same problem?

Stephen