Monitoring Dashboard for Galaxy

evan clark
I remember there previously being an additional tool that ran on a
different port from galaxy that allowed for monitoring of performance
and jobs running. Is this tool still packaged with galaxy and if so how
can it be activated.

Re: Monitoring Dashboard for Galaxy

Hans-Rudolf Hotz
Hi Evan

I assume you are talking about the 'reports' tool?

Have a look here:

https://galaxyproject.org/admin/usage-reports/
https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/latest/admin/reports.html

Additional (system) information about each executed job can be logged by
activating plugins in the "./config/job_metrics_conf.xml" file.

https://galaxyproject.org/admin/config/job-metrics/

Hope this helps
Regards, Hans-Rudolf

On 08/17/2017 04:25 PM, evan clark wrote:

> I remember there previously being an additional tool that ran on a
> different port from galaxy that allowed for monitoring of performance
> and jobs running. Is this tool still packaged with galaxy and if so how
> can it be activated.

Setting up Galaxy Reports

Previti

Dear Hans-Rudolf and list participants,

We would like to set up the galaxy reports tool on our version 17.09 instance and we succeeded partially after modifying the "reports.yml" to point to our postgresql database.

The webpage is generated, with all the stats, but looks very basic and the appropriate style-sheets are probably not found...

Any advise on how to set this up properly would be very welcome.

Best regards,

Christopher

On 08/17/2017 04:56 PM, Hans-Rudolf Hotz wrote:
Hi Evan

I assume you are talking about the 'reports' tool?

Have a look here:

https://galaxyproject.org/admin/usage-reports/
https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/latest/admin/reports.html

Additional (system) information about each executed job can be logged by activating plugins in the "./config/job_metrics_conf.xml" file.

https://galaxyproject.org/admin/config/job-metrics/

Hope this helps
Regards, Hans-Rudolf

On 08/17/2017 04:25 PM, evan clark wrote:
I remember there previously being an additional tool that ran on a
different port from galaxy that allowed for monitoring of performance
and jobs running. Is this tool still packaged with galaxy and if so how
can it be activated.

Dr. Christopher Previti
Genomics and
Proteomics Core Facility
High Throughput Sequencing (W190)
Bioinformatician

German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
Foundation under Public Law
Im Neuenheimer Feld 580
69120 Heidelberg
Germany
Room: B2.102 (INF580/TP3)
Phone: +49 6221 42-4661

christopher.previti@...
www.dkfz.de

Management Board: Prof. Dr. Michael Baumann, Prof. Dr. Josef Puchta
VAT-ID No.: DE143293537

Vertraulichkeitshinweis: Diese Nachricht ist ausschließlich für die Personen bestimmt, an die sie adressiert ist.
Sie kann vertrauliche und/oder nur für den/die Empfänger bestimmte Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie nicht
der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, kontaktieren Sie bitte den Absender und löschen Sie die Mitteilung.
Jegliche unbefugte Verwendung der Informationen in dieser Nachricht ist untersagt.

Re: Setting up Galaxy Reports

Hans-Rudolf Hotz
Hi Christopher

Well, the look of the reports pages are very basic to start with.....

what happens when you start the reports with "reports.ini" (i.e.: the
"old way", see:
https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/release_17.05/admin/reports.html

Hans-Rudolf