Monthly Tripal Meetings

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi All,

Typically we have our Monthly User's meeting on the first Tuesday of
every month at 12pm EDT (UTC 5pm), and I am usually the one who
coordinate these meetings.  Our next is scheduled for Sept 6th. However,
I have a scheduling conflict for the remainder of 2016 on Tuesdays. I'm
teaching a course during the time we would normally have our meeting.

I'd like to suggest we move our Tripal meeting to the same time but on
the 2nd Wednesday of the month?  This will prevent us from conflicting
with the USDA Database meeting which is held on the 1st Wednesday of the
month.

Does this time work for others?  If not, please suggest another time
that works and we'll see if we can get as close to a consensus as possible.

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: Monthly Tripal Meetings

valentin.guignon-2
OK for me.

    Val

Le 31/08/2016 à 01:40, Stephen Ficklin a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> Typically we have our Monthly User's meeting on the first Tuesday of
> every month at 12pm EDT (UTC 5pm), and I am usually the one who
> coordinate these meetings.  Our next is scheduled for Sept 6th. However,
> I have a scheduling conflict for the remainder of 2016 on Tuesdays. I'm
> teaching a course during the time we would normally have our meeting.
>
> I'd like to suggest we move our Tripal meeting to the same time but on
> the 2nd Wednesday of the month?  This will prevent us from conflicting
> with the USDA Database meeting which is held on the 1st Wednesday of the
> month.
>
> Does this time work for others?  If not, please suggest another time
> that works and we'll see if we can get as close to a consensus as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Re: Monthly Tripal Meetings

Meg Staton-2
Works for me as well.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:48 AM, valentin.guignon <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK for me.

    Val

Le 31/08/2016 à 01:40, Stephen Ficklin a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Typically we have our Monthly User's meeting on the first Tuesday of
> every month at 12pm EDT (UTC 5pm), and I am usually the one who
> coordinate these meetings.  Our next is scheduled for Sept 6th. However,
> I have a scheduling conflict for the remainder of 2016 on Tuesdays. I'm
> teaching a course during the time we would normally have our meeting.
>
> I'd like to suggest we move our Tripal meeting to the same time but on
> the 2nd Wednesday of the month?  This will prevent us from conflicting
> with the USDA Database meeting which is held on the 1st Wednesday of the
> month.
>
> Does this time work for others?  If not, please suggest another time
> that works and we'll see if we can get as close to a consensus as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Margaret Staton
Assistant Professor
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
370 PBB, 2505 EJ Chapman Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-4560

864-506-4515 Mobile

Re: Monthly Tripal Meetings

Chris Childers
I've got a conflict Wednesdays at 12 noon ET.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Meg Staton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Works for me as well.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:48 AM, valentin.guignon <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK for me.

    Val

Le 31/08/2016 à 01:40, Stephen Ficklin a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Typically we have our Monthly User's meeting on the first Tuesday of
> every month at 12pm EDT (UTC 5pm), and I am usually the one who
> coordinate these meetings.  Our next is scheduled for Sept 6th. However,
> I have a scheduling conflict for the remainder of 2016 on Tuesdays. I'm
> teaching a course during the time we would normally have our meeting.
>
> I'd like to suggest we move our Tripal meeting to the same time but on
> the 2nd Wednesday of the month?  This will prevent us from conflicting
> with the USDA Database meeting which is held on the 1st Wednesday of the
> month.
>
> Does this time work for others?  If not, please suggest another time
> that works and we'll see if we can get as close to a consensus as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Margaret Staton
Assistant Professor
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
370 PBB, 2505 EJ Chapman Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-4560

Re: Monthly Tripal Meetings

Stephen Ficklin-2

Would a 1pm meeting work better?

On 9/1/2016 5:32 AM, Chris Childers wrote:
I've got a conflict Wednesdays at 12 noon ET.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Meg Staton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Works for me as well.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:48 AM, valentin.guignon <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK for me.

    Val

Le 31/08/2016 à 01:40, Stephen Ficklin a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Typically we have our Monthly User's meeting on the first Tuesday of
> every month at 12pm EDT (UTC 5pm), and I am usually the one who
> coordinate these meetings.  Our next is scheduled for Sept 6th. However,
> I have a scheduling conflict for the remainder of 2016 on Tuesdays. I'm
> teaching a course during the time we would normally have our meeting.
>
> I'd like to suggest we move our Tripal meeting to the same time but on
> the 2nd Wednesday of the month?  This will prevent us from conflicting
> with the USDA Database meeting which is held on the 1st Wednesday of the
> month.
>
> Does this time work for others?  If not, please suggest another time
> that works and we'll see if we can get as close to a consensus as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Margaret Staton
Assistant Professor
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
370 PBB, 2505 EJ Chapman Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-4560

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:864-506-4515" value="+18645064515" target="_blank">864-506-4515 Mobile

Re: Monthly Tripal Meetings

Sook Jung
It works for me - thanks
Sook

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would a 1pm meeting work better?

On 9/1/2016 5:32 AM, Chris Childers wrote:
I've got a conflict Wednesdays at 12 noon ET.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Meg Staton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Works for me as well.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:48 AM, valentin.guignon <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK for me.

    Val

Le 31/08/2016 à 01:40, Stephen Ficklin a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Typically we have our Monthly User's meeting on the first Tuesday of
> every month at 12pm EDT (UTC 5pm), and I am usually the one who
> coordinate these meetings.  Our next is scheduled for Sept 6th. However,
> I have a scheduling conflict for the remainder of 2016 on Tuesdays. I'm
> teaching a course during the time we would normally have our meeting.
>
> I'd like to suggest we move our Tripal meeting to the same time but on
> the 2nd Wednesday of the month?  This will prevent us from conflicting
> with the USDA Database meeting which is held on the 1st Wednesday of the
> month.
>
> Does this time work for others?  If not, please suggest another time
> that works and we'll see if we can get as close to a consensus as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Margaret Staton
Assistant Professor
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
370 PBB, 2505 EJ Chapman Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-4560

Re: Monthly Tripal Meetings

Guignon, Valentin (Bioversity-France)

Would be possible for me but I would not attempt so often… :-s

   Val

On 9/1/2016 5:32 AM, Chris Childers wrote:

I've got a conflict Wednesdays at 12 noon ET.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Meg Staton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Works for me as well.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:48 AM, valentin.guignon <[hidden email]> wrote:

OK for me.

    Val

Le 31/08/2016 à 01:40, Stephen Ficklin a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Typically we have our Monthly User's meeting on the first Tuesday of
> every month at 12pm EDT (UTC 5pm), and I am usually the one who
> coordinate these meetings.  Our next is scheduled for Sept 6th. However,
> I have a scheduling conflict for the remainder of 2016 on Tuesdays. I'm
> teaching a course during the time we would normally have our meeting.
>
> I'd like to suggest we move our Tripal meeting to the same time but on
> the 2nd Wednesday of the month?  This will prevent us from conflicting
> with the USDA Database meeting which is held on the 1st Wednesday of the
> month.
>
> Does this time work for others?  If not, please suggest another time
> that works and we'll see if we can get as close to a consensus as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Margaret Staton

Assistant Professor

Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology

370 PBB, 2505 EJ Chapman Drive

Knoxville, TN 37996-4560

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B1NkypVaksxGNUc1VFlKeDY0SHc&revid=0B1NkypVaksxGbDZRc2VuQ0ttQjZvVGdNNGttUjY5ZGkwTnB3PQ

Re: Monthly Tripal Meetings

Stephen Ficklin-2

To help out our European friends how about an earlier time, say at 4pm UTC  (4pm European Central/11am EDT/10am CDT/8am PDT) on the second Wednesday of the month?

Stephen

On 9/1/2016 8:22 AM, Sook Jung wrote:
It works for me - thanks
Sook

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would a 1pm meeting work better?

On 9/1/2016 5:32 AM, Chris Childers wrote:
I've got a conflict Wednesdays at 12 noon ET.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Meg Staton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Works for me as well.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:48 AM, valentin.guignon <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK for me.

    Val

Le 31/08/2016 à 01:40, Stephen Ficklin a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Typically we have our Monthly User's meeting on the first Tuesday of
> every month at 12pm EDT (UTC 5pm), and I am usually the one who
> coordinate these meetings.  Our next is scheduled for Sept 6th. However,
> I have a scheduling conflict for the remainder of 2016 on Tuesdays. I'm
> teaching a course during the time we would normally have our meeting.
>
> I'd like to suggest we move our Tripal meeting to the same time but on
> the 2nd Wednesday of the month?  This will prevent us from conflicting
> with the USDA Database meeting which is held on the 1st Wednesday of the
> month.
>
> Does this time work for others?  If not, please suggest another time
> that works and we'll see if we can get as close to a consensus as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Margaret Staton
Assistant Professor
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
370 PBB, 2505 EJ Chapman Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-4560

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:864-506-4515" value="+18645064515" target="_blank">864-506-4515 Mobile

Re: Monthly Tripal Meetings

Stephen Ficklin-2

Okay, I've setup a Doodle Poll for specific times. Hopefully this will work better for selecting our meeting time:

http://doodle.com/poll/h4dmir662mwfaswk

I included only two times per date that hopefully isn't too early for US West and not too late for European Central.   I could not list every time zone so the times are in UTC but I did include US Eastern Daylight Time as a reference.   I hope it's right. If you notice something amiss please let me know.

Stephen

On 9/1/2016 8:24 AM, Guignon, Valentin (Bioversity-France) wrote:

Would be possible for me but I would not attempt so often… :-s

   Val

On 9/1/2016 5:32 AM, Chris Childers wrote:

I've got a conflict Wednesdays at 12 noon ET.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Meg Staton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Works for me as well.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:48 AM, valentin.guignon <[hidden email]> wrote:

OK for me.

    Val

Le 31/08/2016 à 01:40, Stephen Ficklin a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Typically we have our Monthly User's meeting on the first Tuesday of
> every month at 12pm EDT (UTC 5pm), and I am usually the one who
> coordinate these meetings.  Our next is scheduled for Sept 6th. However,
> I have a scheduling conflict for the remainder of 2016 on Tuesdays. I'm
> teaching a course during the time we would normally have our meeting.
>
> I'd like to suggest we move our Tripal meeting to the same time but on
> the 2nd Wednesday of the month?  This will prevent us from conflicting
> with the USDA Database meeting which is held on the 1st Wednesday of the
> month.
>
> Does this time work for others?  If not, please suggest another time
> that works and we'll see if we can get as close to a consensus as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Margaret Staton

Assistant Professor

Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology

370 PBB, 2505 EJ Chapman Drive

Knoxville, TN 37996-4560

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:864-506-4515" target="_blank">864-506-4515 Mobile