More than one key matching - which one would be used?

More than one key matching - which one would be used?

Alan Roberto Romaniuc

In the docs (http://intermine.readthedocs.org/en/latest/database/database-building/primary-keys/) it is written:
=====
The build system will use any valid key it finds - so be careful! e.g. if you have keys for BioEntity and SequenceFeature and Gene in your keys file, any of the three keys may be used to merge a Gene into the database.
=====

If Intermine finds more than one key (even in the same file, like in the examples in the same page) matching, which one will it use?

Thanks again

Re: More than one key matching - which one would be used?

Julie Sullivan
Hi Alan

I am thinking that the build uses the last valid key it finds. The
clever thing of course would be to use the most specific key!

Are you having problems with integration?

Julie

On 03/09/14 16:07, Alan Roberto Romaniuc wrote:

> In the docs
> (http://intermine.readthedocs.org/en/latest/database/database-building/primary-keys/)
> it is written:
> =====
> The build system will use any valid key it finds - so be careful! e.g.
> if you have keys for BioEntity and SequenceFeature and Gene in your keys
> file, any of the three keys may be used to merge a Gene into the database.
> =====
>
> If Intermine finds more than one key (even in the same file, like in the
> examples in the same page) matching, which one will it use?
>
> Thanks again

Re: More than one key matching - which one would be used?

alan_drop-ps3@yahoo.com

Hi Julie,

No, I am not having any problem (at least I believe that I am not), it was just for curiosity. I was looking the code and I couldn't see any "Properties" reader that was not from the original java.
java.util.Properties does not guarantee ordering, so I decided to ask to see if I was missing something.

Regards

PS: I talked about order because, in a first moment, it is more logical to me to follow the ordering as a "priority matching" - for keys of the same class/same properties file.