Multiple Species in Same Installation

Samy Jeevan Karloss Antony
Hello,

Currently, we are using GBrowse for one species.

I would like to use same GBrowse Installation for multiple species. I can add more data to e.g. volvox_GBrowse.conf file. But all the “.conf” files uses “GBrowse.conf” file. Is there a way to have specific “GBrowse.conf” file for different species?

Is there any manual pages to do that?

Thanks,
Jeevan

Re: Multiple Species in Same Installation

Timothy Parnell
Hi Jeevan,

You would create separate data source .conf files, and list them at the bottom of your main GBrowse.conf file, just as you would for volvox and the test yeast configurations. The data sources are then selected from within the browser using the pop-up menu on the left or the URL.

You can read more here: http://gmod.org/wiki/GBrowse_2.0_HOWTO#Configured_Data_Source_Sections

Tim