Neat features default / only for Apollo

nathandunn

Quick question / feedback.

For many technical reasons I think it makes sense the most sense to make Neat Features (thanks to Eric Yao, shown below with the fancy introns) the only choice for the annotation track and the default for the JBrowse track.  This will be an easy change (currently they are broken in 2.2.0) and will still be stylable.    It is now very performant and its own track.  They will still remain configurable within JBrowse tracks, but would be a nightmare to make configurable as an annotation track.

Please let me know if you like this change or if you foresee any potential problems.

Thanks,

Apollo / JBrowse Team

Re: Neat features default / only for Apollo

Michael Paulini

Hi fellow Apolloers,

we historically used NeatFeatures as default and don't mind if they also become the official default for the annotation track.

Michael