Network errors when downloading files

Van Der Pol William

Hello,

We’ve noticed when our users try to download files from our galaxy instance, they are getting a network error and receiving an empty 0 Byte file. I’ve checked the directory where the datasets are stored and can see that the files in question exist and contain the expected data, but something is interfering with downloading them through the GUI.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what could be causing this error?

Thanks

-Liam

Help keep the CCTS funded. Please include the following text on relevant publications: "This

publication was made possible by the UAB Center for Clinical and Translational Science Grant

Number UL1TR001417 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) of the National Institutes of

Health (NIH)."

Re: Network errors when downloading files

Hans-Rudolf Hotz
Hi Liam

does it happen with every file? on every browser? for every user?

what happens when you try to download a file from usegalaxy.org ?

to me this sounds like an issue with the proxy settings. Something you
need to discuss with your sys admin

Regards, Hans-Rudolf

On 12/13/2017 09:56 PM, William, Van Der Pol wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We’ve noticed when our users try to download files from our galaxy
> instance, they are getting a network error and receiving an empty 0 Byte
> file. I’ve checked the directory where the datasets are stored and can
> see that the files in question exist and contain the expected data, but
> something is interfering with downloading them through the GUI.
>
> Do you guys have any suggestions on what could be causing this error?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Liam
>
> */Help keep the CCTS funded./*/ Please include the following text on
> relevant publications: "This/
>
> /publication was made possible by the UAB Center for Clinical and
> Translational Science Grant/
>
> /Number /UL1TR001417/from the National Center for Advancing
> Translational Sciences (NCATS) of the National Institutes of/
>
> /Health (NIH)."/

Re: Network errors when downloading files

Van Der Pol William
Yes, we've checked with multiple users using firefox, chrome, and safari. All of them report the same thing.

We can download from usegalaxy.org without any issue.