New Apollo Release 2.0.3 (JB1.12.2-apollo)

New Apollo Release 2.0.3 (JB1.12.2-apollo)

Monica Munoz-Torres
We are pleased to announce the latest Apollo release
Apollo 2.0.3

Some of the new features include:
  • Ability to export Apollo annotations into a Chado database - and ability to update an existing Chado database.
  • Users now have the ability to change the type of genomic element they are annotating after it has been dragged to the User-created Annotations area (e.g. from 'gene' to 'pseudogene')
  • Users can now have multiple tabs open while simultaneously annotating genomic elements for 2 or more different organisms.
  • Usernames are no longer restricted to email addresses.
  • We have upgraded the JBrowse version to 1.12.2-apollo

Some important fixes include:
  • Users can now annotate genomic elements using evidence from Canvas tracks, using the 'right-click' menu options.
  • Comments are no longer restricted to only 256 characters.
  • The error caused from 'Undo' operations on a pseudogene has been fixed.

* The latest release can be downloaded from GitHub at:

* Detailed, searchable documentation on pre-requisites, configuration, and installation guides found at:
http://genomearchitect.readthedocs.io/

* A more detailed account of all changes is available in the Apollo ChangeLog:
https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/blob/master/ChangeLog.md

* Quick-Start Guide for Apollo 2.0.x: If you already have Apollo instances running, you can use your current JBrowse data directories. The quick-start guide is available at:
http://genomearchitect.readthedocs.io/en/stable/Apollo2Build.html

* Migrating existing annotations: You will need to migrate existing annotations from Web Apollo 1.0.x. Please find detailed information about migrating annotations at http://genomearchitect.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Migration.html

* Troubleshooting, GitHub tracker, Mailing List:

* The Apollo User Guide is available at http://genomearchitect.org/users-guide/

* Public Demo: If you are new to Apollo we encourage you to learn more about our software and its functionality by taking a tour of our Apollo Demo at http://genomearchitect.org/demo/

These and more details are available from the README file on the Apollo repository:
https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/blob/master/README.md

We look forward to your questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Inline image 1
It is very likely you will receive this message more than once. We offer our sincere apologies for the redundancy.
Bee image CopyRight of www.AlexanderWild.com | DNA image from ShutterStock.com

--
Mentorship Matters!
--