New to Community

Kartik Kohli
Hello,

I'm new to GMOD and would like to contribute. My areas of interest are java, mysql, javascript, perl, html5, python, jquery, web, web services. So how should I start?

I'm also looking up to GSOC 2014 and perhaps do a project. Where should I get the latest news regarding it like the list of projects, mentors etc.?

Regards,

Kartik Kohli

Re: New to Community

Scott Cain
Hi Kartik,

Welcome.  The gmod-devel mailing list is actually a fairly low traffic list.  The GMOD project is divided into several projects, each with their own mailing list, so that is where the action happens.  I'd suggest as the best way to start looking at some of the GMOD projects that you find interesting and asking on the mailing list for that project what might be a good introductory project.  Current projects with a lot of activity are:

JBrowse - javascript with bits of perl
WebApollo - javascript and server-side java with bits of perl and postgresql
Tripal - php (Drupal) and postgresql
Galaxy - python
MAKER - perl