No Features When Searching "*"

Andrew Oberlin
Hello all,

I am trying to setup a GBrowse instance using a GFF file located here:

When I use a simple gff file in the same directory (the volvox remarks gff), GBrowse allows me to search and doesn't give a Not Found error consistently--namely t works fine. But the moment I switch out the gff source to this one, GBrowse cannot find any features when there clearly are some here.

If someone could help me get these to show, it would be much appreciated. Or if someone could point out something about this file specifically that makes GBrowse not work.

Also, for reference I checked the apache error.log and there is no error being thrown and nothing significant when turning on debug in the GBrowse.conf.

Thanks,

Andrew Oberlin

--
Andrew Oberlin
Miami University 2014

Re: No Features When Searching "*"

Scott Cain
Hi Andrew,

I added a chromosome line to your GFF:

ChLG10  .       chromosome      1       11386040        .       .       .    Name=ChLG10

And it worked (albeit slowly since I was using the memory adaptor). I think this may be an issue specific to the memory adaptor, because I believe (ie, haven't tested recently) that the sequence-region directive is sufficient for specifying a reference sequence when loading into a database-backed SeqFeature::Store database.

Scott

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Andrew Oberlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your help! That works for a SeqFeature::Store database. But my next step is to load it into chado. I added an ID=ChLG10 to the comments at the end, which was needed. However, when I go to use the gmod_gff3_preprocessor.pl, I receive the following error:

null value in column "parent" violates not-null constraint

It reports that the occurrence is on the line we have added to the GFF file. I've looked at other GFF files I have that have worked and this line does not look too much different, so I was wondering if you know what this error refers to so I can fix it?

Also, we can possibly move this to the Chado list as well if necessary.

Again thanks for your help,

Andrew Oberlin