Quantcast

Not able to delete gene

Mikkel Christensen
Hi,

There is a single gene in an organism that I can not delete!

I have tried using both the web-service and the web interface (Both
works for all other genes).

This prevents me from doing an assembly update.

Do you have a SQL script I can use to delete the gene using unique_name?

Many Thanks,

Mikkel Christensen

VectorBase.org

Re: Not able to delete gene

Deepak Unni
Hi Mikkel,

Try the delete_only_features.sh located in the apollo scripts folder:

./delete_only_features.sh <DATABASE_NAME>

That should remove all features from the feature table, including genes.

Let us know if this works.

Cheers,

Deepak

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Mikkel Christensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

There is a single gene in an organism that I can not delete!

I have tried using both the web-service and the web interface (Both works for all other genes).

This prevents me from doing an assembly update.

Do you have a SQL script I can use to delete the gene using unique_name?

Many Thanks,

Mikkel Christensen

VectorBase.org

Research Analyst