Online Training After Party

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi All,

Well, there's really not a party.  I just wanted to say thanks to those
who attended our training session on the bulk loader. Please feel free
to send along comments or suggestions for improvement.

Also, there are two items we failed to cover which I should have
mentioned in the training:

1)  If you have a column in your input file and you only need a portion
of the text in that column, you can use regular expressions to pull out
only the part you need.  And you can even rewrite values that might not
be exactly the way you want them. This is under the advanced options
when creating a field.

2)  We should have demo'ed what happens when the loader doesn't work
when the person who creates a template makes a mistake.  You get some
error messages on the terminal.

If you have questions about any of these please feel free to ask.

Best,
Stephen

Re: Online Training After Party

Sofia Robb
Hi Stephen,

I was unfortunately unable to call in for this training :(  I really wanted to learn all about the bulk loader. Are there any notes? I have tried following the info on the tripal site in the past, but could never figure out how to make what I wanted to do work. Any additional information would be extremely useful!!

Thanks!
Sofia

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Stephen Ficklin-3

Hi Sofia,

I did update the online tutorial to match the v2.1 changes in the bulk loader, and it was that same tutorial that we went through.  We also examined a data set provided by Michael Dondrup's group and discussed the different options for loading that file.   But unfortunately there are no additional notes other than the tutorial.  If you want some one-on-one help just let us know and we'll see what we can organize for you.

Stephen

On 4/24/2017 9:17 AM, Sofia Robb wrote:
[...]

Stephen Ficklin, PhD
Assistant Professor
Bioinformatics and Systems Genetics
Department of Horticulture
Washington State University
153 Johnson Hall
Pullman, WA 99164-6414
Office: (509) 335-4295

Re: Online Training After Party

Sofia Robb
Thanks, I will look over the changes to see if I can work it out now. Thank you!!

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Office: <a href="tel:(509)%20335-4295" value="+15093354295" target="_blank">(509) 335-4295