PHP version?

Alex Rice
I grabbed the latest which is PHP 5.5.x, but have run into lots of PHP
strict warnings, and some errors because several tripal modules are
using a feature, pass-by-reference, that was removed in PHP 5.4+. I am
just pointing it out because I don't remember reading anywhere that PHP
5.3 was specifically required to run Tripal.

$ drush pm-enable tripal_featuremap
PHP Fatal error:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in
.../sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_featuremap/tripal_featuremap.install
on line 221
Drush command terminated abnormally due to an unrecoverable error.   [error]

http://php.net/manual/en/language.references.pass.php

--
Alex Rice <[hidden email]>
Software Engineer

Re: PHP version?

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Alex,

Yes we saw these same problems with PHP 5.5 after releasing the Tripal
1.1 version.  We fixed these in the development branch.  If you would
like, you can switch to the development branch using these commands in
the Tripal directory:

git fetch
git checkout 6.x-1.x
drush updatedb

You'll also need to checkout the development branch for the Tripal theme
as well using the same 'git fetch' and 'git checkout' commands above.

We use the development branch on several of our production Tripal
instances so I don't suspect you'll have problems with it.

BTW... we are actively working on a Drupal 7 compatible version of
Tripal and will release a Tripal v2.0 soon.  We will also release a
Tripal v1.1.1 that should have all of these recent bug fixes for the 1.1
version.

Stephen