Passing SGE (default) options to RunWorkflow?

Passing SGE (default) options to RunWorkflow?

Aaron Gussman
Hi Anup (or anyone else that knows),
  I can pass SGE options to a RunDistributedCommand using
<dceSpec><passthrough>.  Is there a way to pass SGE options to the
RunWorkflow commands?
  Ideally I'd like to set a default for all of them;  we have a hard
runtime limit for jobs I need to override.
Thanks,
Aaron

Re: Passing SGE (default) options to RunWorkflow?

Mahurkar, Anup
At the present point of time there is no mechanism to set a workflow wide SGE options. It is one of the FREs that did not get a lot of votes so I have held off. If there are more folks interested in this feature I can revisit this. So if I understand correctly you want to specify global grid properties that if needed can be overwritten at individual command level. Correct? For instance things like memory, host name, queues, etc.

Re: Passing SGE (default) options to RunWorkflow?

Aaron Gussman
Hi Anup,

> So if I understand correctly you want to specify global grid properties that if needed can be overwritten at individual command level.

Sort of.  I would like an easily configurable way to set SGE
properties just for the RunWorkflow commands that are submitted to SGE
and then spawn their own SGE jobs.

If I understand things correctly, I can make global changes to the SGE
submissions by hacking sge_submitter.sh, but this is less than ideal.

I'd like to be able to control the SGE settings for the individual
jobs doing the actual work separately from the RunWorkflow tasks that
are monitoring them but also running on the grid.

I can do the first one w/ <dceSpec><passthrough>.  I don't see how to
accomplish the second.

Just to clarify, when I say "SGE settings" I really just mean "qsub
command line parameters".  Specifically options like resource requests
w/ "-l".

Thanks,
Aaron